Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carovin
Level 7

Roku Stream Stick Factroy reset can not add channels

Hi,

Just did a factory reset.  Roku completely skips channel update step and goes straight to home screen once it is linked.  I have no way to add channels since "The Roku channel Store service is currnely unavailable. Please try again later."  And " Channel was not added error on app"

Help please super lost at this point....
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Roku Stream Stick Factroy reset can not add channels

Let's get a little more information. What's your Roku model? Where are you (you didn't add your location to your profile, so we have no idea where you are, which might be a factor)?

Next, a factory reset isn't something you just normally do. So, was something going wrong that made you decide to do a factory reset? That may very well help determine what the actual problem is.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Carovin
Level 7

Texas

Model is 3800x roku streaming stick

Factory reset because previous owner gave them to me.  Started new account to no avail
0 Kudos
Carovin
Level 7

Also.... thanks for responding
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

That's a good device. It's a current model and shouldn't be giving you any problems.

Try one more thing: do a factory reset by holding the reset button on the Roku device for no less than 30 seconds. Ignore anything that happens on the screen. Hold reset for a full 30 seconds.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Carovin
Level 7

Tried that, it completely skips the channel update portion of set up.  Does it matter that this roku was linked to a previous email account? 
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

A factory reset should reset it to a default, no account, state.

Since it's not updating the channels, I'd recommend at this point either putting the Roku in a DMZ zone or lifting the security on your router/modem (temporarily).  Security may be interfering with updates.  Otherwise, you can try connecting to a hotspot temporarily, or taking it over to a friend/family-member's house to try there, outside of your own network (something else may be interfering).

If none of that works, your best bet is to contact CS.  I believe you should have support options there with this model.  Remember to ask for/record your case number.  If CS can't fix the problem, you can PM me or post the case number, and I can elevate it to the next tier.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos