Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Stick+ downloads ‘cobaltllb’. what is it?

Jump to solution

Not the usual ‘updating PBS’ and the like

Seems sketchy?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Stick+ downloads ‘cobaltllb’. what is it?

Jump to solution

@GPrestonian  Thanks for reaching out. Many channels and services require the installation of system packages or libraries that enable their functionality. That is simply an example of one of the those, and nothing to be concerned about. Any time an update for any channel or library is available, it will be installed when checking for updates. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I meant to mention - this has happened several times in the last few weeks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@GPrestonian  Thanks for reaching out. Many channels and services require the installation of system packages or libraries that enable their functionality. That is simply an example of one of the those, and nothing to be concerned about. Any time an update for any channel or library is available, it will be installed when checking for updates. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra installing an "app" called cobaltlib... Is this legit or a virus?

Jump to solution

Our new Roku Ultra (purchased in Jan 2020) occasionally loses connectivity and/or locks up while using YouTube TV.  When this happens I typically either do a System Update and/or a System Reset to see if that helps.  On more than one occasion, when the Roku restarts it installs an "app" called cobaltlib which does not appear as an app tile in the Roku interface.  I'm not sure but it may also be installing it on the micro SD card I have installed in the unit but I'm not sure how to tell what's on the card and what's stored in the Roku's internal storage.

Does anyone know if this is a legitimate part of the Roku OS or if this is a virus?   Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?   Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Ultra installing an "app" called cobaltlib... Is this legit or a virus?

Jump to solution

@PConthePC Thanks for the note. Please review the solution above. This is an example of a required system resource for some channels to operate properly. There is nothing to be concerned about. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My youtube channel app on TLC roku tv will not load since this cobaltlib update. How can I fix it? I would like to get my YouTube accessibility back

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Puhleeze 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos