Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaboy
Level 7

Roku Slingbox App not working

I just purchased the Slingbox 350. I downloaded the app to my smartphone and it works perfectly. However, I am unable to "cast" the app to either of my Roku 3 boxes.

The app recognizes both boxes.However, when I try to cast, the app on the Roku just restarts and nothing happens.

I called Sling and they tried several fixes and nothing worked. I called Roku and they said it is not their problem and they told me to call Sling.

I called back Sling and they can't figure it out. If I can't get the smartphone app to work with my Roku, I will have to return the Slingbox 350 I purchased today.

BTW, casting works perfectly from my other apps to my TV such as Youtube and Netflix.

Not sure what else to do.

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jaboy
Level 7

Re: Roku Slingbox App not working

Anyone has problems "casting" from a smartphone to a Roku 3?
0 Kudos
jaboy
Level 7

Does anyone here been able to successfully use their Slingbox app successfully with a Roku 3?
0 Kudos
j_m_
Level 7

Make sure you move the Slingbox channel (app) near the top of the list of your Roku channels. It won't work for some reason if it is a certain ways down. Search for a previous post of mine for details. HTH.
0 Kudos
jaboy
Level 7

Thanks J.M.

You are a God. It finally works. After months of frustration, Slingbox on my Roku 3 works. Your simple suggestion of moving up the app from the bottom to the top was the "simple solution". I spent tonnes of hours with both Roku and Slingbox technical suppport over the past few months and no one was able to figure it out. Slingbox blamed Roku and Roku blamed Slingbox.
0 Kudos
lwpaxton
Level 7

It worked by placing Slingbox app first.

Thank you, I had problems for couple of weeks. Changed position and works like magic
0 Kudos
bradg60
Level 7

"j.m." wrote:
Make sure you move the Slingbox channel (app) near the top of the list of your Roku channels. It won't work for some reason if it is a certain ways down. Search for a previous post of mine for details. HTH.

Three-plus years later and after months of not being able to stream from my iPhone to two different standalone Roku devices, your simple suggestion of moving the app higher in the list of channels worked! What causes this obviously the people at Slingbox don't even have the answer to.
Thanks, J.M.!
0 Kudos