Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LVdprrhs
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Search - not showing results that include available options

Jump to solution

That's way too much work that consumers should be able to avoid, Roku.

barb001

Jump to solution

i've noticed the more it goes the more searches only show titles on channels you have to pay for even when channels you already have/pay for have those titles doesn’t make sense????

Jimbacca

Jump to solution

I ran into this same situation when I dis a home screen voice search for "The Antidote" that was available on Amazon Prime Video. I went to Amazon and searched there and it showed up. This has happened on Amazon before. Is that something that you guys can take care of for roku users?

ITOldBiker

Jump to solution

Hi I have a streaming stick + with the latest software update.

Don't know when it started but I have a similar problem. For example, the film True Romance is available through both my Netflix and Amazon Prime accounts. I have searched within Netflix and Amazon Prime and it appears in both.

If I do a (Roku) search for the film it shows neither of these options.

If I search for Dennis Hopper and then select True Romance from the list of his films, it shows Google Play as the only option.

If I search for the film by name and select it, it shows AppleTV as the only option.

I have tried the suggested clear search results and restart, but this has done nothing.

Has this issue supposedly been fixed, or are others still encountering it?

Thanks

FuttBucker

Jump to solution

I get the same thing. It used to work on the Roku app on my phone but now just gives me an error message and incomplete results. If I do it through the TV it works, but it's a pain in the ass and an extra step. The search feels useless now.

Jump to solution

Sorry, but I have linked up HBO Max, Netflix, "free to Prime subscribers," Discovery+, YouTube Premium, and Hulu.  None of their content shows in search results.  This doesn't happen on my apple device, so I don't think it's a content provider issue.  The last thing I want to do is pay more when I already pay a ton for subscriptions just so "someone" can get a cut of a rental fee.  This is really wrong.

Jump to solution

So frustrating that, basically 2 years later, this issue isn't fixed. I bought a roku online thursday, and got it today. I literally just loaded it up and it's not doing the exact thing I thought it was good for. None of my paid prime subscripiton comes up in the search function, only options to pay for content on appleTV that I'm already paying for through Prime. If I had read this support thread before buying a roku, I wouldn't have bought a roku. Robot Frustrated

mansart
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

"Solution"? I don't think so.

Basically what you're saying is that Roku is free to advertise its products as having this feature, but then it's up to the consumers who buy the products to actually do the legwork of contacting the various streamers and trying to get them to work with Roku.

Uh...no!

Get the deals done first, then advertise the feature and keep it up to date and quality controlled. It's not up to your customers to build and/or maintain your features for you, and that includes the streamer relationships necessary to make/keep this particular feature relevant. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@namenamename @mansart

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, channel providers are responsible for whether or not their content is able to be included in Roku's Search results. You would need to contact the channel provider directly to request and inquire further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos