Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Rum - Roku Microsite

Jump to solution

@Nbob 

What happens when you try to remove it?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Nbob
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No option to. Tried to restart and nothing. Still there. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@DBDukes wrote:

What happens when you try to remove it?

@Nbob wrote:

No option to. ... 

Can you expand on that? Is the Options button not available? Or do options appear but Remove isn't one of them? What are the options presented?

We need details. Imagine we're on the other side of the Internet and can't see what you see. Describe it.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Nbob
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes options pop up, but there is not an option to remove it. The rest of the roku seems to be functional but I can’t remove a foreign application that was just magically placed on my Home Screen. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Nbob wrote:

Yes options pop up, but there is not an option to remove it. The rest of the roku seems to be functional but I can’t remove a foreign application that was just magically placed on my Home Screen. 

But you never said what the options are. You only said one that was not there. What options are there? That could be important. That's why I asked.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Nbob
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m not at my tv 24/7. I’m at work. Remove/delete is not an option. None of the other options would help here.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Nbob 

Check when you get a chance and let us know. The options that are listed could point to something.

You seem to be resistant to go down that path. Which is fine. But there are actual legitimate reasons that some apps don't have a Remove option. Those have a different option in its place. And that means something. If yours has it, it points to one thing. If not, it points to something else.

Also, tagging @RokuDanny-R 

DBDukes

0 Kudos
mist3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update your Roku system. Go to Settings, then System, then Software update.

Roku said they fixed this already. When they asked me update the system, Microsite's gone.  

SblackAZ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ever since the RUM micro site appeared on my Home Page Netflix will no longer work. It’s either a black screen, or the Netflix home page comes on but you can’t see titles of movies… just black and gray. I have tried to remedy this several ways. As anyone else ran into this issue. Pretty upset that I am paying for Netflix and am unable to watch it. We have two Roku and are getting errors and black screens on both. I can click around the gray boxes and “start” the movie but k have no idea what I’m clicking on because I’m basically doing it blindly. The error I’m getting is ncw-8-20 or something like that. I’m really annoyed. Literally ALL this started the moment then RUM micro site populated on my homepage (the RUM app is no longer there now, but Netflix won’t work). 

0 Kudos