Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OnThePike
Level 7

Roku Receiving Incorrect Local FOX Affiliation

Greetings,

I am a New Jersey resident from Middlesex County. Our local FOX channel is the national New York FOX5-NY (WNYW-TV) station. However, the Roku feed, which I cannot seem to change, is FOX29 Philadelphia (WXTF-TV).

Obviously, my zip code is incorrectly listed as a local Philly affiliate. How do I rectify this issue to regain the correct FOX 5 New York station?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku Receiving Incorrect Local FOX Affiliation

What channel is this happening with? I'm assuming it's a channel from either Fox, or something like Sling. You need to contact whomever developed the channel you are using and work with them to get the correct channel. If this is a channel created by a cable provider (Comcast, Cox, etc.), then that's who you need to contact. There's nothing on the Roku side that is controlling that information. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
OnThePike
Level 7

Obviously you understood nothing I wrote.

Can someone please explain how to receive the proper local channel for my area via this Roku Stick? For whatever reason, Roku is feeding the Philadelphia affiliate when I'm within the New York City market. This means I'm getting Philadelphia local news and not my correct New York/New Jersey news.

Watching TV on FIOS displays the correct channel. Only via Roku is the channel from outside my local area.

So again, quite simply, I am within the New York City market for FOX 5 NY, and receive that channel when watching regular TV via FIOS. However, when selecting the FOX Network from the Roku Stick+ I am forced to watch the Philadelphia FOX 29 affiliate. There is no way I can see to select a different FOX local channel or correct the error itself.

Thanks again for any helpful assistance.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

And you didn't read what I asked. What channel are you using to watch Fox? The Roku Stick does not have a TV tuner, so it's not receiving anything over the air. Whatever channel (app) you're using isn't getting the station you desire. But without knowing what channel that is, we can't offer any advice. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Please provide the streaming channel (app) you are using in order to try and watch Fox, so we can help direct you further. Ultimately, you will need to contact that streaming channel provider to report the issue with the specific Fox News feed they are providing in the channel. Roku does not control content within streaming channels (apps)—this is handled directly by each streaming channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos