Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fonzy35
Level 8

Re: Roku Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel

Update: Everythings works now!
Roku channels and Starz on Roku Channels on my Roku Ultra
and Chrome Browser Rokuchannel, all good

I did the troubleshoot in the link @ RokuTannerDB  posted

Thanks to @ RokuTannerDB 's help
Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
knight2112
Level 7

I sub to Epix to watch Berlin Station and episodes are missing:
Episode 2
Episode 3
Link: https://therokuchannel.roku.com/details ... in-station

Can you fix this PLEASE!!!

UPDATE: Thanks for fixing it. Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Scottt1174
Level 7

It's ashame that the roll out will take a year to get it. I still haven't gotten the OS9 update. It doesn't matter though my new TV is coming soon with Tizen.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"Scottt1174" wrote:
It's ashame that the roll out will take a year to get it. I still haven't gotten the OS9 update. It doesn't matter though my new TV is coming soon with Tizen.

I have Tizen in my TV, and it's not all that great. I stopped using any of the smart features on that TV long ago. Its DLNA player is terrible, both the UI and actual playback. Your new TV might have a newer version of Tizen than mine, but Samsung seems to be going backwards in their DLNA support. As far as the other apps, I preferred using first my Roku 4, then an Ultra, and now an Nvidia Shield. Especially with the Shield, the experience is far better than the Tizen interface. But my Roku Ultra was also far ahead of Tizen as well. I wish I could buy a new TV without any "smart" features, because players like the Shield, Roku or Fire TV offer a vastly improved experience than I've seen with any TV interface. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Scottt1174
Level 7

You must have an old TV then. The Tizen is better. Check out smart platforms on 4k.com review they rate it better then Roku. Roku always kicks me out of apps. If you have a Tizen TV from 2016 yes it wasn't that great. Now they have better support. It's just better in my opinion.
0 Kudos
fonzy35
Level 8

"Scottt1174" wrote:
You must have an old TV then. The Tizen is better. Check out smart platforms on 4k.com review they rate it better then Roku. Roku always kicks me out of apps. If you have a Tizen TV from 2016 yes it wasn't that great. Now they have better support. It's just better in my opinion.

Is the new Tizen come with an android OS?
tia
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"fonzy35" wrote:
"Scottt1174" wrote:

Is the new Tizen come with an android OS?
tia

Tizen is an OS, distinct from Android. It's Samsung specific. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
fonzy35
Level 8

Another free channel that i just notice on Roku Channel:
FilmRise Live tv
0 Kudos
rybo85
Level 7

I have a couple questions about how the Roku Channel premium subscriptions work.
1. I know that if you subscribe to a premium subscription in the Roku Channel, you have to watch the content in question within the Roku Channel. What I'm curious about is where these video streams are coming from. Is Roku handling the video streams? For example, are the Roku Channel HBO video streams coming from Roku servers (or at least whatever data center cloud Roku is paying), instead of coming from HBO's servers (or whoever HBO is paying for HBO Go/Now streams)?

2. Do the Roku Channel premium subscription video streams support Roku's display refresh rate auto switching feature (https://support.roku.com/article/115012823268-how-to-change-the-display-refresh-rate-to-match-the-na...)? For example, if I watch an HBO on demand scripted drama (e.g. Game of Thrones) video stream within the Roku Channel, will my TV refresh rate be switched to 24Hz?
0 Kudos
mortis
Level 7

"rybo85" wrote:
I have a couple questions about how the Roku Channel premium subscriptions work.
1. I know that if you subscribe to a premium subscription in the Roku Channel, you have to watch the content in question within the Roku Channel. What I'm curious about is where these video streams are coming from. Is Roku handling the video streams? For example, are the Roku Channel HBO video streams coming from Roku servers (or at least whatever data center cloud Roku is paying), instead of coming from HBO's servers (or whoever HBO is paying for HBO Go/Now streams)?

2. Do the Roku Channel premium subscription video streams support Roku's display refresh rate auto switching feature (https://support.roku.com/article/115012823268-how-to-change-the-display-refresh-rate-to-match-the-na...)? For example, if I watch an HBO on demand scripted drama (e.g. Game of Thrones) video stream within the Roku Channel, will my TV refresh rate be switched to 24Hz?

What is the value of this feature? if I want to watch HBO on a laptop or tablet I have to have my roku app installed?
0 Kudos