Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jr461
Level 7

Roku Premiere and CBS All Access - no 5.1 sound

I contacted CBS and they advised that 5.1 is supported on Roku (gen 3 and later).  I cannot for the life of me get this to work.

No problem with sound on the other apps where 5.1 exists (Netflix, Prime, HBO) but just stereo on the CBS app.

Am I missing something or is it just not supported on Roku yet?

Thanks 
0 Kudos
2 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: Roku Premiere and CBS All Access - no 5.1 sound

Like Netflix and others, not all content is in 5.1. Star Trek Discovery is, looks like even Star Trek TOS is, but the CBS Live feed is not. Older content isn't as well. Late Night tv shows look to be Stereo only. Big Bang Theory I get 5.1
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
mcolwell
Level 7

Re: Roku Premiere and CBS All Access - no 5.1 sound

I tried, and tried to get All Access in 5.1 on my Roku Ultra, and was informed by Roku that the app is controlled by the provider. 
Contacting tech support at CBS was, repeatedly, like getting a bot response..useless.
But, CBS All Access, subscribed on my Amazon Prime account, using the same  Roku Ultra, is in true discreet 5.1
I cancelled the app, and re-subscribed on Amazon at the same price, and all is good!
Finally, the sound is correct, and I feel the picture is better, and also, no more bugginess, which was present on the CBS app.
Hope this all helps.
Mike
0 Kudos