Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d58
Level 7

Roku Premiere+ Issue with Xfinity App

Jump to solution

There was a Roku update on 11/26/19 which broke my xfinity app on my Premiere+ box.  This has happened once before and comcast was never able to resolve the issue.  A few days later it resolved itself.  I never checked if I had a SW update the first time.

Since that time I have purchased another Roku box - Ultra.  The ultra still works after the update but the premiere does not.  

The specific error message is below:

"This device can only access xfinity stream on your in-home xfinity wifi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like" 

(error createDrmSession,403-102)

Please provide an update...

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Premiere+ Issue with Xfinity App

Jump to solution

@d58 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I'd recommend reaching out to Xfinity directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach them here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@d58 Thanks for the note.

If other channels on your Roku device are working normally, this is something that the channel provider will need to investigate further. Each channel on Roku is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves. If you encounter an issue that does not occur in other channels (apps) on your device, you'll need to work with the channel provider to report the issue and request additional support. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@d58 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I'd recommend reaching out to Xfinity directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach them here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
frustrated3
Level 7

Jump to solution

xfinity is clueless (as it sounds like Roku is)....same problem, worked fine until Thanksgiving week; have 9 TVs at 2 separate places and 2 work right.  One only shows purchases, the rest act like I am not connected to the xfinity WiFi???  Several days now and the response above is unacceptable!

0 Kudos
d58
Level 7

Jump to solution

Xfinity was contacted prior to me creating this post.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with comcast to no avail.  They suggested they would send out a technician and I agreed.  The technician came out the morning of 12/2/19.  After 1.5 hours we were no further along to finding a solution.  After he left I checked the SW update information and realized this issue started with the last Roku update.

Roku, please look into this issue.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@d58 Thanks for the note.

If other channels on your Roku device are working normally, this is something that the channel provider will need to investigate further. Each channel on Roku is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves. If you encounter an issue that does not occur in other channels (apps) on your device, you'll need to work with the channel provider to report the issue and request additional support. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos