Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tnow
Channel Surfer

Re: Xfinity streaming app is giving me error when I enter code

Jump to solution

The same thing has happened to me...no service from Roku or Xfinity

RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Premiere+ Issue with Xfinity App

Jump to solution

If you are experiencing a DRM error message inside the Xfinity Stream Beta channel, this is an error message being generated by the channel (app) itself. Your Roku device does not generate these types of error messages—they are generated within the channel by the channel's error handling dialogues.

We help report the issue and feedback over to the channel provider, but as we do not develop the channel (app), we cannot therefore always directly help resolve these types of issues.

If troubleshooting the channel installation, or even performing a factory reset on your Roku device does not resolve this issue for the Xfinity channel, I would recommend following up with Xfinity support again to report the exact error code you see on screen, and request that they assist you further. It's possible there may be either an issue with the content you are trying to stream, or their service or content delivery systems/servers, etc. Each channel/service provider develops and manages their own channel and system services. They can best assist with these types of issues that you may encounter. This is similar to if you were seeing this type of issue on your mobile device; you would contact the app developer, and not your phone manufacturer, for an issue you were having with a particular app when other apps continue to work normally. This type of issue may require a channel/app update, account or service change, etc. in order to resolve, but it's hard to say. You can reach Xfinity support here to follow up for more assistance: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
pvn03

Xfinity - "we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription."

Jump to solution

Hi,

I just purchased a new Roku streaming stick. I connected it to my wifi and installed the xfinity stream app. When I click on sign in, I'm shown a 6 digit authorization code. However once I enter the code on my web browser and click continue, I get the message "we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription.". I am confused because I have a cable and internet subscription. I do not get the option to enter my xfinity credentials and sign into the xfinity stream app. Any help is very much appreciated. I tried contacting xfinity multiple times and they have no answer. 😞

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Xfinity - "we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription."

Jump to solution

@pvn03 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Xfinity - "we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription."

Jump to solution

I have had this issue also. Xfinity says it’s a roku issue. I can access through all devices but not roku. 

0 Kudos
Margie444

Roku is not allowing me to access Xfinity Stream Beta

Jump to solution

ROKU is not allowing me to go to the next step so that I can enter my Xfinity ID and password, and then Sign Into my Xfinity Stream Beta.   Below are the steps I took and where the problem lies.

• From my Roku device (on my TV) I click on the Xfinity Beta app and then clicked Sign In.
  • An Activation Code appeared on screen.
  • On my laptop I went to xfinity.com/authorize and entered that code provided.
  • A message then appeared on my laptop “Success” “You should see your screen update shortly.”
  • On my TV screen I see the message “Xfinity Stream, Now connecting to your entertaining experience” but then it stops and a message appears “Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription.  Check out xfin.tv/shop to subscribe today!”

The problem with this is that I already have Xfinity – it’s my internet and cable provider!!  The ROKU is not allowing me to go to the next step so that I can enter my Xfinity ID and password, and then Sign In.

NOTE:  My Xfinity account is in good standing and there’s no problem with Xfinity. I’ve done everything imaginable to fix this problem (i.e. turn off, removed and reload app, restarted device, etc.) and nothings seems to work. 

Please Help!!

0 Kudos
Kpool
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku is not allowing me to access Xfinity Stream Beta

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same!! Any luck??

0 Kudos
msa0202

Jump to solution

I have experienced this issue with 2 different Express+ boxes in the past several months, and have not had any success in getting connected to the Xfinity Beta app with either of those boxes.  I have two other Roku devices that work fine.  The two with issues were functioning at one point.  I spent 2+ hours with Xfinity support today, with no success.  ROKU, please get someone to repsond to all of us who have had this issue.  Some collaboration with Xfinity is necessary from your side.  Your consumers are affected by this.  Please help!

0 Kudos
Hammerfel

Jump to solution

Having the same issue. I'll try Xfinity support.

IMG_7137.JPG

0 Kudos
Hammerfel

Jump to solution

I had the same error, because I'm using my own modem, not Xfinity's. I just had to call tech support and tell them the make/model and MAC address for my modem and now my Roku works fine.

0 Kudos