Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d58
Channel Surfer

Roku Premiere+ Issue with Xfinity App

Jump to solution

There was a Roku update on 11/26/19 which broke my xfinity app on my Premiere+ box.  This has happened once before and comcast was never able to resolve the issue.  A few days later it resolved itself.  I never checked if I had a SW update the first time.

Since that time I have purchased another Roku box - Ultra.  The ultra still works after the update but the premiere does not.  

The specific error message is below:

"This device can only access xfinity stream on your in-home xfinity wifi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like" 

(error createDrmSession,403-102)

Please provide an update...

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Premiere+ Issue with Xfinity App

Jump to solution

@d58 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I'd recommend reaching out to Xfinity directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach them here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@d58 Thanks for the note.

If other channels on your Roku device are working normally, this is something that the channel provider will need to investigate further. Each channel on Roku is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves. If you encounter an issue that does not occur in other channels (apps) on your device, you'll need to work with the channel provider to report the issue and request additional support. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Hammerfel

Jump to solution

I had the same error, because I'm using my own modem, not Xfinity's. I just had to call tech support and tell them the make/model and MAC address for my modem and now my Roku works fine.

0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@d58 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I'd recommend reaching out to Xfinity directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach them here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
frustrated3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

xfinity is clueless (as it sounds like Roku is)....same problem, worked fine until Thanksgiving week; have 9 TVs at 2 separate places and 2 work right.  One only shows purchases, the rest act like I am not connected to the xfinity WiFi???  Several days now and the response above is unacceptable!

0 Kudos
d58
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Xfinity was contacted prior to me creating this post.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with comcast to no avail.  They suggested they would send out a technician and I agreed.  The technician came out the morning of 12/2/19.  After 1.5 hours we were no further along to finding a solution.  After he left I checked the SW update information and realized this issue started with the last Roku update.

Roku, please look into this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@d58 Thanks for the note.

If other channels on your Roku device are working normally, this is something that the channel provider will need to investigate further. Each channel on Roku is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves. If you encounter an issue that does not occur in other channels (apps) on your device, you'll need to work with the channel provider to report the issue and request additional support. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
frustrated3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has to be an issue with ROKU and their connectivity to the Xfinity platform.  Same thing happened to us last week and Xfinity cannot figure it out.  We have 5 ROKU enabled tv's that working fine and now 4 of them are not but one is.  I think that whatever they did last week is not allowing our tv's to connect to the xfinity app.  We have gone through 2 technicians and they are baffled and had never seen the error (which I believe is a ROKU error code.)  

ROKU.....fix this please.  It is like the tv's no longer accept the xfinity streaming.  

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
@frustrated3
Thanks for reaching out. Do other channels work normally on your device? What is the specific error code you see? If possible, could you please include a picture in your response so we can take a closer look?

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
frustrated3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yep and this is becoming a mess.  Someone at ROKU should reach out to Xfinity and find out what the heck is going on.  This seems to have something to do with an update that occurred last week by either ROKU (where it is not recognizing the xfinity streaming) or Xfinity (where the settings for connectivity were changed) or vice versa.  No one want to resolve...we are going on 5 days without any resolution!

0 Kudos
d58
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The error message was in the original post.

Please note - Roku Ultra does not have the problem!

"This device can only access xfinity stream on your in-home xfinity wifi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like" 

(error createDrmSession,403-102)

0 Kudos
d58
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

A Roku system update was provided and the issue is resolved.

0 Kudos