Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeyshore

Roku Premiere, Disney Plus, and Israel

Disney + was launched in Israel last week and I subscribed. I have a Roku 3920x (Premiere 4K).

It has the Disney + logo on the remote but the device won't access Disney + nor can I add the channel nor can I search (there's no search field available).

(Note: Disney + works on my computer's browser.)

4 REPLIES 4
BoazTG

Re: Roku Premiere, Disney Plus, and Israel

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @mikeyshore

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that Israel is not an official supported region for Roku which is why you are unable to add the Disney Plus.

Any Roku Player or TV can be activated to any Roku account, however, channel availability/access will vary from region to region. Channels that are currently available in any given region are certified for the Roku devices sold in that region.

The channel is managed and developed by its channel publisher. We suggest you reach out to them to let them know you want their streams on Roku Israel.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
salexu123
Channel Surfer

Same problem, same question. 

Did you end up finding a solution?

How do we let Disney plus know that we want this support?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@salexu123 channel availability is determined solely by the channel provider, in this case Disney. Only they can authorize their channel to be available in a specific location. It doesn't matter if Disney+ is available in that location on other devices. They, and only they, can make it available on Roku devices. And as @RokuKariza-D mentioned, if a specific country is not officially supported by Roku (as is the case for the vast majority of Europe and the middle east countries), it's unlikely the provider will make their channel available in that location. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos