Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Premier and Disney + in Australia

Jump to solution

Will a Roku premier box allow access to Disney + in Australia?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Premier and Disney + in Australia

Jump to solution
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the notes here. Disney+ is only currently available in the US and Canada on the Roku platform. Each channel provider determines the locations in which their channel is available. This is not a known issue, but a decision made by the channel provider.

For any additional questions, inquiries, or to share your interest in seeing Disney+ on Roku in your location, please contact Disney+ support.

Thanks,
Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Level 7

Help I cannot get Disney+ in my 3920X Roku Premiere here in NZ

Jump to solution

hi guys,

so excited to experience the dolby atmos sound in my home theater and asked my son to set the roku premiere.  was able to grab netflix and youtube channels easily. 

when i attempted to add Disney, message appears on the screen...

Channel install failed.

Could not add "Disney Plus".

anyone that could help me on this please.

By the way I got the Roku Premiere from Amazon US.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Jhagen wrote:

Will a Roku premier box allow access to Disney + in Australia?

At this time, Disney (not Roku) only allows Roku devices in the US and Canada to install and use Disney+. Disney must update their Roku channel to allow use in other regions. Roku has no control over where a channel is available for use. Only the channel developer (Disney in this case) can make the changes necessary. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Disney + supervisor of tech support is on the known Roku problem accessing their channel.  Do to their delay in responding to my open support case I was given a month refund on my subscription to Disney +.  Will see if anything positive occurs.  Interesting Disney+ directed me to contact Roku about possible fixes to this problem.  However wins the race to providing access to Disney+ through Roku does not matter to me. Just do not say you have access if you had a different access device.

Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Jhagen wrote:

Disney + supervisor of tech support is on the known Roku problem accessing their channel.  Do to their delay in responding to my open support case I was given a month refund on my subscription to Disney +.  Will see if anything positive occurs.  Interesting Disney+ directed me to contact Roku about possible fixes to this problem.  However wins the race to providing access to Disney+ through Roku does not matter to me. Just do not say you have access if you had a different access device.

All that can be said is that it's completely under Disney's control to determine what regions their service is available, and on what devices. Roku has zero control over that. If Disney is saying to contact Roku, it's either because they are attempting to deflect the issue, or the person you spoke to simply doesn't understand the way Roku channels are created and distributed. My opinion is the latter. Most companies that even have customer service have outsourced it, and the people on the phone have scripts that they have to follow. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Better not to buy Roku anymore as most of the vendors don't support it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@sriniraop wrote:

Better not to buy Roku anymore as most of the vendors don't support it?

Plenty of content providers support Roku. And I'm reasonably certain that Disney will be adding more locations to the app's permissions as time goes on. Why they limited it specifically on a Roku, I can only make guesses. Perhaps because Roku players are the single largest streaming platform, they felt that their system couldn't handle that many users worldwide until they roll the system out and see what sort of load is placed on it. Then they can make a more educated decision about additional hardware installations. It's extremely expensive to build out a system like they did, so it might make sense to control the roll-out on specific devices. Like I say, it's just a guess. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

If I want to watch Disney plus & Amazon prime, then Roku is useless I would say. Why can't Roku talk to them?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@sriniraop wrote:

If I want to watch Disney plus & Amazon prime, then Roku is useless I would say. Why can't Roku talk to them?

I'd be surprised if Roku hasn't talked with them multiple times, and probably use these posts to show them. But it's completely controlled by the content owners/providers, in this case Amazon and Disney. They are the only ones that can change it. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the notes here. Disney+ is only currently available in the US and Canada on the Roku platform. Each channel provider determines the locations in which their channel is available. This is not a known issue, but a decision made by the channel provider.

For any additional questions, inquiries, or to share your interest in seeing Disney+ on Roku in your location, please contact Disney+ support.

Thanks,
Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos