Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
breeder
Level 7

Roku Premier Unable to Add any Channels

I just set up my Roku Premier and created a Roku account. I am unable to add any channels through the Channel Store or through the Roku App. It gives me an error every time.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Premier Unable to Add any Channels

What does the error say?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@breeder 

Also, what country are you in? Are you using a VPN?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Devadasi
Level 7

I get the same error message, with no reason. I wanted to restore the various film channels I had with my last Roku, which are no longer available. But even trying to add Spotify or Peacock gave me an error.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @Devadasi

Thanks for the post.

Some customers have reported that changing or updating your account's payment method sometimes resolves the issue; therefore, we suggest giving it a shot.

Feel free to visit this Support article for instructions: How do I update the payment method for my Roku® account?

If after attempting the suggestion above, you are still unable to add the channel, you can try installing it from our website by clicking this link. Once done, run a software update on your Roku device for the channel to show up on your home screen. To do this, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos