Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kareemlee
Level 9

Re: Roku TV Amazon Prime, Disney+ etc channels returns errors

ID OK-471-099

ID OK-471-102

0 Kudos
kareemlee
Level 9

Day #3 still waiting for rollback... checked the system update again nothing...no TV for Thanksgiving. holiday.

Thanks ROKU.

0 Kudos
kareemlee
Level 9

At this point I lost all hope to have my TV work for the holidays. I tried live chat support again (outsourced tech support overseas who can only repeat the same stuff you can find online so they can try to appease you and look like Roku is trying to help) and was given the same old manual update which will not work if your device is not set up to receive the update. Total waste of time. Roku clearly does not care about their customers. They are probably on vacation already. Go on Twitter or check the community forums to see many upset customers. They think the are covered because they stated to the press that they are aware of the issues and it's only affecting a small numbers of customers with old devices. A 2019 Roku TV is not old hardware. 

Congratulations me like many other customers in my situation will tell everyone we know not to buy a Roku device.

They could have provided roll back updates on their website that we can download on a USB by specific device. How long does it take? Days? weeks?

0 Kudos
kareemlee
Level 9

Tech support keeps telling me to do the manual update to roll back! It's been 4 days!!! I just tried again my TV is not on your list so every time I do a manual update it tells me that I am all up to date. 

All you need to do is to send me the previous 10.0 OS for my specific TV so I can use a USB to replace the O.S which has not been done since I contacted tech support. Or make sure my TV model is on the list of device that can be rolled back. I ve checked system update regulalry since this past weekend.

ROKU customer support is horrible and you are all wasting my time.
0 Kudos
kareemlee
Level 9

Looks like the software engineering team is on vacation so maybe next week if we are lucky.

Give them a call to let them if would want to let them know how much fun it is to a non have functioning TV/device for a week because someone at Roku thought it would be a good idea to do a software release before the holidays with no roll back option.

ROKU stock is up so i guess we the customers can wait after the holidays are over.

0 Kudos
GCS
Level 8

Don't know if this could fix your specific problems, but this is what I did and it fixed my issues :

After the update, I had errors on two units, on different TVs. I bought a 4k HDMI cable, but the problem persisted. 

I found a website (below). I had to disable the device refresh rate and reboot, reset the display type to read my TV and not auto detect, and disconnect all cables from all devices, and reboot (specific instructions at the website). 

Stopped all the errors.

https://appuals.com/rocku-hdcp-020/

0 Kudos
kareemlee
Level 9

Hi,

I checked out of curiosity but I do not have the option to change the display refresh rate with my Roku tv menu. I also never encountered HDCP or 020 errors so far.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

And shame on ROKU!

0 Kudos
kareemlee
Level 9

ROKU your customer support sucks!

0 Kudos
kareemlee
Level 9

Day#12 

Zzzzzzz.....waiting for roll back to 10.0....could use the 10.0 file previously available online so I can download it to a USB drive and roll back my TV O.S. By the way hard factory resets will not get rid of O.S 10.5 so i can t even use other HDMI stream box because they will have the same issues (Chromecast, etc...)

Over 2 weeks since I got the update and my TV is useless.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@kareemlee 

Thanks for the posts.

Please see my previous post requesting information so we can better understand the issue you are experiencing.

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos