Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channels are not working . No enough space

Jump to solution

Hi @Cd1515,

Thanks for the update.

If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

Re: Channels are not working . No enough space

Jump to solution

Yes, I already contacted YouTube TV, they say it is not our problem, contact Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mikenyc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny,

I suggest you go through the 5 pages of comments.  What you ask is the most obvious thing to do.  Of course that didn't work.  We have tried other things as well.  Some work temporarily.   Some not at all.

As I said in my previous posts, I think there is an bad app that is eating up memory and not releasing it (hence running out of memory).  

Now I have been a Roku fanboy for years now.  I only started seeing this issue when I load YouTube TV.  I point to YouTube TV because when I delete the app, I don't get the memory issue.

This have been going on for well over a year now.  I STRONGLY suggest you get your QA team on this and test the **bleep** out of that app (with other apps loaded as well).  Then if you confirm that it is YouTube TV, you must get Google to fix it ASAP.  We have been waiting for a fix to this issue way too long.

Thanks
Mike

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with Youtube prompting you with not enough space, can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny 

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mango1

Jump to solution

I have 23 channels and finally decided to add my YT TV, Hulu, and Disney channels. I got that space message as well. Scrolling through these replies I was very disappointed. However this solution worked easy peasy. I did as the instruction said Roku reset, and I added my extra services with no troubles. Thank you Noahx for this fine solution.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@pjgrand

Thanks for the post.

How many channels do you currently have on your Roku device? Have you tried removing any unused channels, restarting the device, then checking to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You probably just need to clear your cache of temporarily stored info.  Easiest way to do this is to restart your ROKU via Settings..System..Restart system.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
chobbs47

Jump to solution

Dealing with this issue as well when trying to airplay to my TV. I deleted almost all of the apps and still getting the "not enough space" error.

I did the sequence to clear the cache (mentioned earlier in this thread) and it temporarily worked but then I started getting the error message again. It seems like something is eating up the memory. I do not want to have to put in a secret code everytime I want to use my TV.

I'll echo the other comments that Roku DESPERATELY needs to QA this issue as I've spoken with others offline who are having the same issue and are moving to Amazon Firestick and Apple TV hardware.

0 Kudos
Slagator
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I forgot to mention that this seems to have started or gotten worse, when I started using Airplay.  The only app affected for me, is Youtube. 

0 Kudos