Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slagator
Reel Rookie

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution

So far, turning my TV off, then unplugging it, turning it back on, seems to clear the memory or something.  Anyway, Youtube started loading again, after I did that.

0 Kudos
SailFoilFly
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

No. I'm not even sure if YouTube ads can do it because that's usually the channel that I get blocked from whenever I run out of memory. Watch a set of ads on a movie channel like TUBI or Plex. Whatever the commercial is in beginning of the movie, watch that set in entirety, and then go back to the channel that you couldn't open due to no space

0 Kudos
Dopp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did a full factory reset and I am able

to use airplay again. This is a pain 

0 Kudos
lwb1

Jump to solution

There are obviously problems with Roku from what I have been reading.  I have 2 other TV's in the house and not having an issue with either one with channels.  The main TV is the one that is having the not enough space issue.  I have reset my modem but find it a pain to have to factor reset, add all passwords, emails etc only to find out it does not work.  Please advise, I dont want to have to go to fire stick for it to work.

0 Kudos
fr3
Reel Rookie

Re: Channels are not working . No enough space

Jump to solution

Youtube TV is back working now.  I removed the Youtube channel, then through settings,..  etc. re-installed the channel and it began to work again.  I wish I had known this was a fix before I deleted a whole bunch of channels on the belief that there were too many channels.  I never had that many to begin with and deleted most channels  down to 2 or 3 before trying the above fix. 

My concern for the future s that no one seems to know what causes this, many users have reported having this issue, and the root cause, whatever it is is not being addressed by Roku.  

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Note that when removing channels/apps from a Roku device, you should restart the device to clear out any residual data. Removing the app then adding it back without a restart in-between doesn't fully remove the channel.

A factory reset should do it, but that is a lot of trouble. Are you saying that you did a factory reset and the issue never went away? Or just that it came back after a bit?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
SailFoilFly
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just watch an ad set in entirety and it will fix it

0 Kudos
Noahx

Jump to solution

I solved it : this is what worked for me

Follow these steps:

Press Home Button 5x

Press Up arrow 1x

Press rewind button 2x

Press fast forward button 2x 

From there your tv should turn off by itself then pop back on then you should be good to go.

SalAce
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

DBDukes,

The YouTube App came back after a bit. I didn't have to do a reset.

0 Kudos
WatchIt2

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution

Go to "Settings"  then to " System" under title "About" go to " System restart". That should do it. Let me know what happens!

@Senya wrote:
I have a Roku express. When I try to access the channel it tells me not enough space please remove one or more of your installed channels and try again to remove channels focus the channel selector star and then select remove and then OK I do this and it still doesn’t work. I am well connected to the Wi-Fi and I have restarted the Roku twice I still can’t get it to work. It did work for a time but now it doesn’t work

0 Kudos