Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

@John1958 

Thats correct, but its also been repeated many times.  The point is to warn users who want/prefer to use/keep the YTTV app.

There are some slight differences in functionality when using the YT app to access YTTV, but it suffices otherwise.

The app loading issue is supposed to be resolved (for now) - check for updates: 

Settings/System/System updates/Check now

0 Kudos
bellar1
Level 7

Having same issue with YouTube. I have deleted a doze apps and still get error message. I really don't want to factory reset and add back all my apps. Does Roku have a solution other than same script we've been seeing for over a year?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@bellar1 wrote:

Having same issue with YouTube. I have deleted a doze apps and still get error message. I really don't want to factory reset and add back all my apps. Does Roku have a solution other than same script we've been seeing for over a year?

It appears that Roku pushed out some behind the scenes software that made some devices run short on memory. It does appear they are now making a new OS version that resolves the issue, so perhaps you haven't received that yet.

If you do decide to do a factory reset, you do not have to add your channels back in. When you link a Roku device to an existing user account, all channels that are attached to that account are installed automatically, assuming the channel is supported on that specific device. You would still need to enter your authentication into channels that require such, like Netflix or Prime Video. But they would all be installed without manual action on your part.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Bellaxo316
Level 7

Now that I’ve tried your steps entirely and it still hasn’t fixed my issue, what can be done? This is frustrating and I’ve only had my tv for 2 years if that

ThisServiceSucs
Level 7

"what can be done?"

Do what I am about to do, buy some Firesticks.  

0 Kudos
rhampton0010
Level 8

Re: Not enough space, please delete one or more channels

So far, the solution for me, was to delete YouTube.

0 Kudos
stargazr19761
Level 9

It does take a while to reupdate the device though. Quite quite a while in some cases.

0 Kudos
stargazr19761
Level 9

I bought a firestick lite for like 17 bucks when it was on sale. 

I try not to keep my eggs all in one basket.

0 Kudos
Wolfslisz
Level 7

We have the same issue.  we have 2 tv's and 2 different roku boxes.  started netflix and can watch it on one but the other says failure to launch..... I have emails out but no answers yet.  we switched the boxes and and one works as it did before but the same one on a different tv still does not.  We are seriously thinking for going with a firestick as none of our friends have an issue.  you recently must have did something because nothing works anymore

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Wolfslisz

Thanks for the post.

What specific error code are you experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos