Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vmh
Binge Watcher

Not enough space message-something worked!

Jump to solution

My mother's Roku Express device was giving the message that it did not have enough space and to delete some channels, which she tried.  To no avail.  This happened whether she was trying to load YouTube or some other channel.

I did a System Restart (essentially turning the Roku off then on again) and it cleared the problem.  She was running the latest software Build 4200.

No sure why nor if it will help everyone.

eharbour
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

I have multiple models of Roku - streaming stick 4k, the old models and a streambar, which I purchased because the streaming stick kept overheating.  Previously, my channels were different on each device; now they mirror each other.  The lack of space issue began recently, so is obviously something that has been introduced by Roku.  

I have factory reset one of the devices and the problem continues to occur, so your advice, RokuDanny, is NOT working.  I 

0 Kudos
dafox99
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey gang.  I was able to communicate with the Roku team via FB messenger.  Great group.  A bit slow, so I get the feeling they are way busy.  But, still, very nice folks.  Unfortunately, we ran through every item you've all seen listed to try to fix.  No dice.  I have an identical Roku Premier on another TV, and a different Roku model on a third one.  They both work just fine.  Very odd.  I had to go firestick as they/I just couldn't fix this problem.  I did offer to mail them the device in case they needed to work on it first hand.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@eharbour

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that channels are linked to your Roku account. So if all of your devices are linked to the same Roku account, they will mirror each other as you are experiencing. In some instances, devices may have different channels (or channels missing) as channels will only be visible if the device is supported by the channel.

If you wish to have different channels on different devices, you would need to create another Roku account and link that device to that account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
eharbour
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thanks for the info on the account settings. But you didn’t answer the question about the storage issue.  If resetting to factory defaults doesn’t work, what else can fix it?  I had at least 30 channels loaded previously with no issues loading any channels. What has Roku changed to cause this annoying problem? 

0 Kudos
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

Re: Channels are not working . No enough space

Jump to solution

I posted my info here two weeks ago, still no response

0 Kudos
Joeguy

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution

I’m having the “not enough space” issue as well.   I’m down to 2 apps (youtubetv and Hulu).  I can’t even play youtubetv bc not enough space.   How am I running out of space - why does is work fine one day then no space the next.   I’ve done the factory reset and still not enough space.   Why is this happening?   There has to be plenty of room on this device.  

0 Kudos
tomtaz1

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution

same with me to buddy it sucks to i had to get a new one  my was doing the same thing walmart has them for 30dolars know  tom here

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Cd1515

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in this thread? Customers have stated that the steps provided in this thread have resolved their issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes I've done it a few times, it works for a couple days and then the same issue reappears.

0 Kudos