Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Not enough space

Jump to solution

@edmasciana 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried removing any unused channels from your Roku device, then trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku device, then try adding the channels once your device is set back up?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mandaoc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have Funimation, Hulu and Noggin, the Roku player and webtv only. I’ve done a million factory resets and I’ve messaged Hisense with no help. It’s not a channel issue or a space issue. It’s a Roku software issue. I just wish you would admit that and update so I can add back Netflix. I’ve turned off updating on our other TVs so our TCL tv upstairs still has Netflix. Please update. Your customers including me are annoyed. 

Jump to solution

I've just started getting the notice of not enough room. So many apps now require more space. My SHARP ROKU is 5 years old and also has been responding slow.  I deleted several screen savers and wall papers that I had down loaded.

This has sped up the loading time.

Get ride of less used channels. The tv I have recognizes  wallpapers and screensavers AS channels.

0 Kudos
ShannonS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny, stop telling people to remove unused channels as a solution to this problem. It's insulting. First of all, that's the obvious first thing anyone would do when receiving that message, before coming here, and it's not the solution. But more importantly, THAT'S NOT THE WAY ROKU IS DESIGNED TO WORK. You are supposed to be able to have as many channels as you want, Roku will delete the least used channels to make room when you need it and re-download them the next time you use them. I have had Roku since the original. This is how they work. You know this. You also must know this a KNOWN bug with the Express unit for years, that they supposedly already fixed, and yet you are acting like it's the consumer's fault for having too many channels. Nope, this one is all on Roku software developers.

I was a beta tester for this device and this was an early bug that WAS fixed but apparently another update has caused the error to return. I can watch Plex and Netflix but neither YouYube nor YouTubeTV will load due to 'space' issues. At first, a reboot fixed it, but no longer. A channel re-install worked the first time but no longer. I have two Express devices, both are doing it, one intermittently, the other always now to the point where I cannot use it. $65 a month for YouTubeTV that I can only watch on my phone now. Going to look for my old Fire stick. 

I've already deleted the few channels I don't want, but I refuse to delete the rest. I've had this many channels on Roku since the early models that had much less onboard memory with no issues. People are having this same issue with only a couple of channels. More importantly, I CAN STILL ADD CHANNELS. So it's not really out of space, it just won't open certain channels. I also refuse to do a full system reset as I will lose a login I no longer have access to. Not to mention, the numerous people here who you told to do that, and it still did not fix this issue!! If I have to set up all those channels again, I will just get a new Chromecast.

The fact that both my devices started misbehaving the same day causes me to believe it is more likely a software issue than a hardware one, and the other posts I've seen here seem to confirm a recent software update is the culprit. It angers me that you seem to be denying this and placing the blame on the consumer side. So take a few of your coders off whatever new money-grabbing features they are working on and devote their efforts toward fixing this issue first. 

ermagerd

Re: Roku Not Enough Space

Jump to solution

Dear Danny - 

I started experiencing the "not enough space, try deleting channels" problem with my Roku TV yesterday. After deleting EVERYTHING but Hulu and Netflix, I'm still getting the not enough space error. The frustrating thing is that when I tried researching it here, I see that you have been providing the same advice to the community for over a year although there is more than sufficient evidence that it doesn't work. What gives? Do I need to add my TV, which isn't that old and worked fine two days ago, to the piles in landfills and switch to a new provider or will Roku step up and explain what's going on?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ermagerd 

Thanks for the post.

After removing the channels from your Roku TV, did you make sure to try to perform a factory reset on your TV before adding the channels back?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pmontella

Jump to solution

i am getting the same resopnse today. i delted 5 apps, deleted and installed youtube again - it worked once and then it didn't.  help.

Riya
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That is the same thing that has been happening to many of us. I still cannot use Youtube nor Apple TV on my Roku and at this point have pretty much given up because we keep receiving the same generic answers over and over because the company refuses to fix these KNOWN issues and the support team here on the forums are left with no solutions and end up having to use the same tired script they've been using since 2019 which tells us to simply delete the app, reset your Roku device, and reinstall. Until someone actually decides to fix this issue and supply the customers with a real, definitive solution, or people stop using Roku's in droves, we are left with no actual fix to this problem.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@pmontella @Riya 

Thanks for the posts.

Did you make sure to follow the instructions that I outlined in my previous post including performing a factory reset on the Roku device after removing the channels before adding the channels back again?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We are encountering the same issues with our 3800x stick. We have deleted ALL channels then factory reset and it will fix the issue for a day or 2 and then we are back to the “not enough space” issue or simply the app will not load. Other devices have been working fine. This stick appears to be the only one giving us issues.