Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kzoo

Roku Media Player stops playing video file midway through

Hi, I using Roku Premiere+ 4630 with RMP 5.5 b8. When streaming video files from my own media server, some videos will play for anywhere between few minutes to half an hour and then stop playing before the end of the file and go to the next video in the same folder. So far, this only happens to blu-ray rips that are around 15-30GB. It doesn't seem to be audio related as some of the files will play all the way through and has DTS-MA or DTS audio encoding. This only happens to certain files. I have ripped all of them the same way using MakeMKV. DVD rips play perfectly fine. Is it file size related? But then some large bluray files play all the way through. Plugged in or using wifi, I get the same result. In fact, it always stops playing at the same point for each file. If i fast forward past that point, it will play the rest of the video.

Anyone else seeing similar symptoms?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Media Player stops playing video file midway through

@kzoo

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jorodas

Re: Roku Media Player stops playing video file midway through

any feedback on this? I am hitting the same issue