Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danno194288
Level 7

Re: Roku Media Player starting to give "malformed data" errors

I have the latest and greatest Roku and Roku Media Player handles my lo-rez and my hi-rez FLAC files just fine,  HOWEVER, I took my old Roku 3and hooked it up to an older TV.  I have a Qnap NAS which sends my music out via MinimServer.  RokuMP immediately finds my server and acts like it's going to function normally.  But just as a year ago,  RMP won't play my files. All I get are the same "malformed data" messages that people were getting a year ago; it's not fixed yet!?#. Is there a fix for this, or is it something baked in to get folks to upgrade?  P. S.: I updated my Roku firmware before I tried to play my music files.   Thanks for any help I can get. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
sujithdb
Level 7

Re: Roku Media Player starting to give "malformed data" errors

Hello @Roku @All

Is this issue still ongoing? Any fix identified?

I am on Model 4660X - Ultra and software version 9.0.0 build 4114-46
While trying to play some audio files (mp3) some of them would not play and gives the below malformed data error:
m.player.errorCode = -5
m.player.errorMsg = malformed data

The files are from a hosted service (audioburst.io).

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
0 Kudos