Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljunkie
Level 7

Re: Roku Media Player starting to give "malformed data" errors

I can confirm the "malformed data" errors. I don't have a sample channel to provide yet, but I it looks firmware related still.

Firmware notes:
- 7.5 exhibits "Error while determining media format" and "malformed data" data errors. It's intermittent, but happens more frequently that not for the same file
- 7.2 unaffected
- 6.2 unaffected 

I forgot to mention, I've recently updated to 7.5 4099 and it does not fix this issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ljunkie
Level 7

@RokuDale I've sent you and RokuWimM a PM with a sample channel to replicate the issue. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RokuDale
Level 9

thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Inky452
Level 7

Any movement yet on this problem?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bwaslo
Level 7

Any progress on this?

(Also, maybe related, maybe not -- I put in a NAS box to serve Plex, and I get some tracks that won't play sometimes on Plex via Roku, too.  Not the same tracks, and again intermittent.  Message something about "can't play this track").
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bwaslo
Level 7

Probably NOT related, but who knows, worth reporting?  It seems like iHeart Radio seems to freeze a lot these days, since about the same troubles i had with other streaming audio problems on RMP.   Could there maybe be a glitch in the 7.5 Firmware with audio streaming? 

This with a Roku3, by the way.....

(Also I wanted to bump this up in the board listing, so it doesn't get left behind)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Inky452
Level 7

My Roku 2 (2720X) continued to play music with no problem until last night.
  Now it has the same problem of skipping tracks.
    I looked and it has updated its firmware to 7.5.4099.
Definitely big problems with the 7.5 update in general.
  I'm about ready to return the two Roku Sticks and the Roku 3 that I bought as Christmas gifts and go with a different brand of streaming products.
    I'm very disappointed. Roku has been so good up until now.  Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RokuDale
Level 9

For iHeartRadio, any particular station causing the problem.
For track skipping, is this with RMP?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Inky452
Level 7

@RokuDale - The track skipping is related the sample channel that @ljunkie PM'd you on November 21st.

@RokuDale I've sent you and RokuWimM a PM with a sample channel to replicate the issue.

I get it on both Plex and RMP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bwaslo
Level 7

On iHeart, I've seen it on a station for "Dion and the Belmonts" (which ends up playing a lot of doo-wop stuff....).  I sometimes leave that playing when we go out to make it sound like someone's home, and have come home to find it frozen with an error message,   Sorry, never noticed the name of the track nor know how long it had been going before it froze up.  Other times it will play that for hours.  
0 Kudos