Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwhitejazz
Level 8

Roku Media Player skipping tracks

With the latest version of media player, 5.5 build 8, Roku media player is broken for playing the next track automatically. The next and previous buttons to not function correctly either.

Upon initiating next or previous track the media player starts flipping through all the tracks quickly until it reaches the end (or beginning in "previous" scenario). Then media player bounces out to the track listing for an album.

Tried flushing cache, rebuilding meta data, re-adding channel. Suspect this is a bug.

Please advise.

26 Replies
dathead2
Level 10

Re: Roku Media Player skipping tracks

Unlikely this is your issue but I had this happen a few times and it ended up my disk drive was going bad (or the files were corrupt).  Worth a double check.  I.e. use a thumb drive if your Roku has usb or try diff DLNA source if not. 

Roku Ultra 4660X
RokuOS 9.4.0 build 4200
Sony Bravia 55A8G TV
0 Kudos
rupelja
Level 7

Yep. I am getting the same issue.

Everything was fine earlier in the week. Then, last night I put a new alblum on my USB disk.

I started getting all sorts of errors/bugs. Could not play the music files sequentially. Had to queue them up one at a time. After playing one song, the player would queue up the next song then freeze. Sometimes it would go back to beginning file in the folder. Sometimes it would just fail.

My disk is a new ssd, so that should not be the problem. Also, my Roku Ultra 2019, was doing great a few days ago.

I deleted the Roku Media Player app and I reinstalled the player. That is when I noticed that the Roku Media Player had been updated on March 22, 2021. Sorry Roku, but you broke your app.

When will the fixes be available or is there a way to install the older app?

rupelja
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R  Looks like there are some serious issues popping up this week. Maybe the Roku Media Player issues are related. Hope to hear from you soon. But, I understand there could be larger fires. I am going to check out some of the Apps/Channels others are having issues with to see if I am having the same issues.

0 Kudos
dathead2
Level 10

Hmm mine just hung for first time in long time was on a song and just sat there - play, etc unresponsive.   ECP query/media-player showed state=startup.  Not good!!  

im playing flacs just for another data point.  Plus screensaver off as usual.  

Roku Ultra 4660X
RokuOS 9.4.0 build 4200
Sony Bravia 55A8G TV
0 Kudos
dathead2
Level 10

Yup RMP 5.5.8 hung again mid song. This time query/media-player showed in state=play 

PLEASE ROLL US BACK OR FIX!!!!!!!!!

Roku Ultra 4660X
RokuOS 9.4.0 build 4200
Sony Bravia 55A8G TV
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, I'll be sure to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dathead2
Level 10

It’s the RMP channel itself.

Roku Media Player
happens sporadically 

Roku Ultra 4660X

Roku Ultra - YJ00E5424786
469.40E04200A
9.4.0 4200

Roku Ultra 4660X
RokuOS 9.4.0 build 4200
Sony Bravia 55A8G TV
0 Kudos
andeux
Level 8

New Roku Media Player bug: first second of track not playing

The latest update to RMP (5.5 build 8) seems to have introduced a new bug: when the player transitions from one audio track to the next, the first one or two seconds of the new track are not audible.

It's most noticeable when the new track is supposed to start immediately, without any gap. In that situation, it's common for many digital players to insert a second or two of silence. In the streaming case, it might be unavoidable, as the client may have to download the next track from the server. But that second of silence should not replace the beginning of the new track, which seems to be what is happening now in RMP.

It's very frustrating, that, even after the initial rollout of version 5 of RMP, each update seems to introduce more bugs than it fixes.

My setup is:

Roku Streaming Stick+, 3810X, Software version 9.4.0/build 4200-50

Roku Media Player 5.5/build 8

Playing music from a DLNA server (Serviio v. 2.1) on my local network

Tags (1)
dathead2
Level 10

Whoever edited my post took out the fact that this started for me at recent release of RMP 5.5.8 as another poster mentioned 

also I can verify that Netflix now also has the two second audio start delay that previous poster mentioned plus I now have to turn my tv volume on Sony Bravia to 60 for normal sound in Netflix whereas most channels are only sound level 35.  This too started around March 21. 

Roku Ultra 4660X
RokuOS 9.4.0 build 4200
Sony Bravia 55A8G TV
0 Kudos