Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pelegino
Level 7

Roku Media Player on Roku Streaming Stick + Not Working

Hello, I've recently got the Roku Streaming Stick+, I saw that my laptop is already connected to the Roku Media Player but when I try to play, for an example, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon it won't play and say:

s05e177 - Jennifer Lopez, Finn Wolfhard, Janet Jackson with Daddy Yankee

An unexpected error problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.

What am I supposed to do to make it work?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku Media Player on Roku Streaming Stick + Not Working

What video and audio codecs are in your media file, and what container are they in? Is it a MKV, MP4, or TS container? If not, your Roku won't play it. If the video isn't H.264 or MP4 it probably won't play it. How is the media being streamed from your laptop? Are you using the built in Windows media streaming service, or have you installed some other DLNA server? The Windows version is limited in its ability to stream media that your player doesn't support, where as other DLNA servers, such as Serviio or Plex, offer much better support. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos