Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patboy
Reel Rookie

Roku Media Player not playing avi format

I am making this post to help those attempting to watch .avi format movies on the Ruku Medial Player.  I recently purchased a 65" Hisense / Roku Smart TV.  So far, I love it with one exception.  I have a number of movies in digital form on a USB drive, in various formats including mp4, and mkv. They all appear to work except for the videos in .avi format.  The Roku Media Player does not recognize or even see the .avi files.  Unfortunately all of my older videos are in the .avi format.  The only solution that I have found was to use video converter software and convert the format on all of the .avi videos to the .mp4 format.  Now they all work correctly.  I hope that this is helpful to anyone else that has been experiencing this problem.  NOTE:  I don't know how the player will perform with .wmv videos.  I have none in my collection.  Good Luck

2 REPLIES 2
hoppkorv
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Media Player not playing avi format

You can use Handbrake to easily convert avi files to mkv or mp4.

0 Kudos
DanRiki

Re: Roku Media Player not playing avi format

Merci quel logiciel que tu prend pour changer tes .avi en mp4 ou .mkv et quel format est le meilleur entre les 2

0 Kudos