Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDale
Level 8

Roku Media Player channel version 4.1.1602 released

1602 fixes an RMP crash while using listview and using the Play button during navigation.

4.1.1596 fixes a problem uncovered in RMP when firmware 8.1 was released.
Additionally:
It adds a new viewing option "List", go to "Settings" inside RMP and toggle through the display formats.
Some fixes for extracting duration and title from playlist entries
Some changes to handing of the Device selection screen when a USB drive is inserted/removed.
You can make sure it is updated by going to Settings/System/System Update and then click on Check now.
Thanks all for your patience
rokudale
0 Kudos
16 Replies
yort
Level 7

Re: Roku Media Player channel version 4.1.1596 released

RokuDale I have to say I'm disappointed with this new release.

First, why do folders now display the number of sub-folders and/or files within a folder? This is a useless piece of information and it just clutters the titles of the main folders. Also it doesn't even seem to work properly because it will only display this number (#) after the folder has been opened and if the folder title is too long it won't display at all. Please remove this or create an option to turn it off.

Second, the point of a "list view" is to display as much information on the screen as possible, yet you have confined the list to about 7 titles and use just a fraction of all the space on the screen! A list view should just display titles and nothing more - forget about the thumbnail! Roku is too obsessed with thumbnail images. I would think on a widescreen tv it should be possible to display 20 or 30 titles on the screen at one time.
0 Kudos
MadClown
Level 7

Thanks for the update but experiencing some small issues with this version.

First problem is when browsing directories I'll suddenly be sent back to the Roku home screen. It seems random, but I noticed it happens more often when pressing the back button. I have had it go back to the main menu while pressing OK as well, but it doesn’t seem to happen as often. I should mention I'm using list view.

The other issue is that sometimes I can see the previous played directory each time I browse into another directory when using list view (rows view is unaffected). It flashes the previous directory momentarily just for a split second. This only happens when you press the play button on a folder or directly on a file. If you playback the file from the final screen, the screen where it says resume or play from beginning, this bug doesn't occur.
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

Bug report filed for rmp crash with listscreen.
0 Kudos
zolotoiy
Level 8

Meh, still no UTF8 support. Roku, it's not just English out there in the world and it's not a rocket science to use Unicode font.
0 Kudos
martinmca
Level 8

Personally I love the new ROKU channel release, especially the Live channels, would like to see more of these
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

"martinmca" wrote:
Personally I love the new ROKU channel release, especially the Live channels, would like to see more of these

This post is about the Roku Media Player channel, not the Roku Channel.. Two different things.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
CarlKn316
Level 7

Since the update I can no longer play MP4 files off of a USB drive, any ideas?
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

Are you able to see them in the UI and select or play them?
Does it fail while trying to play them back?
do you get an error message?
0 Kudos
CarlKn316
Level 7

Yes I can see and navigate to the videos but when I open MP4 files I get the following error message:

An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.

I can open pictures without issue.

Ticket#:1789752 has also been opened on this issue.
0 Kudos