Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timkmco
Level 8

Roku Media Player bug...up down buttons don't scroll in list view

Jump to solution

Since 9.2 update I have noticed that Roku media player has a problem with the up and down button on the remote. Let me explain. If you have a drive connected to a Roku TV, and you have 'Display format (list)' set in settings, the up and down button doesn't repeat. You can only scroll one file at a time for each button hit but holding the down or up button won't scroll the list. A bit of a pain if you have 300 videos like I do. It csolls just fine if you have display format set to long or short rows. It's just list view that has the problem. It worked fine prior to the update. How can we escalate this to the engineers as this need to be fixed? Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Roku Media Player bug...up down buttons don't scroll in list view

Jump to solution

Yes, this has been reported to the Roku employee that now maintains RMP. I haven't heard anything back from him, but I'm sure it will be addressed. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

Yes, this has been reported to the Roku employee that now maintains RMP. I haven't heard anything back from him, but I'm sure it will be addressed. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

Is there a typical time frame for fixing these types of problems with new updates? As the OP stated, having particularly long lists of videos on a NAS makes repeated pressing of the up and down arrows quite inconvenient. Not as inconvenient as having to walk to work or other serious problems that many have to deal with in life, but an unexpected and tiresome change nonetheless.  Heavens, I might end up with an over-developed index finger muscle! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@SummitNettled wrote:

@atc98092 wrote:

Is there a typical time frame for fixing these types of problems with new updates? As the OP stated, having particularly long lists of videos on a NAS makes repeated pressing of the up and down arrows quite inconvenient. Not as inconvenient as having to walk to work or other serious problems that many have to deal with in life, but an unexpected and tiresome change nonetheless.  Heavens, I might end up with an over-developed index finger muscle! Smiley Happy

Not really. I don't know the workload of the person that maintains it now. The previous person would address something like this within a day or two. But this person might have higher priority duties, so perhaps can't get to it as quickly. 

As a workaround, you can change to Short or Long Rows view, and the scroll function still works. Also, if you really must use the List view you can use the FF and rewind buttons as page up/down. Better than no scroll, I suppose. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
timkmco
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's a shame this app isn't better maintained. It could be a killer app if they tried. For instance they download album and song art, why not movie art? And video thumbnail previews is doable if they wanted to. But then they'd want to charge us for the app.  Oh well. I'm not gonna complain as it's still better than all the media players on other TV's these days. I use to have a Windows media center PC for all my DVR function, music and movie playing. A roku TV has allowed me to get rid of all that with a Tablo and Roku Media Player. 

0 Kudos