Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IRC
Level 7

Re: Roku Media Player USB Slideshow Reverts To Homepage After 1 or 2 Hours

Same issue here with trying to run a continues slideshow with pictures.  I have a lobby tv and its only function is to display messages.  Came in one morning and noticed the media homepage.  Also noticed the homepage had a new look, so figure an update took place and broke it.

Roku please restore this functionality or allow for "looping" of media. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
mferolla
Level 7

Used to use the roku as a media player for signage but unfortunately since the update it doesn't  keep looping and it also stops after around 2 hours. 

Since the issue hasn't been addressed, is it possible to revert to older versions of RMP when this issue didn't exist? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@mferolla wrote:

Used to use the roku as a media player for signage but unfortunately since the update it doesn't  keep looping and it also stops after around 2 hours. 

Since the issue hasn't been addressed, is it possible to revert to older versions of RMP when this issue didn't exist? 

The developer has told me that it is impossible to roll back to the "old" (pre-version 5) version. He didn't say why, but my guess is that there was something in the coding of the old version that is no longer supported. They really appeared to be under a time crunch to get version 5 out. I know they are working hard on every issue that has been reported, but I can't say where they are with this particular issue. Anything discussed in the beta group is under an NDA, so can't talk about it here. 

And they aren't going to roll back to an earlier version of 5 because there were far too many bugs that have been resolved with the latest version.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Big_Bigby
Level 7

Same here! Bought this TV to run slide pics at my business. At first the TV ran the picture slides 24/7 never a problem. Was very, very happy with the purchase. As of 4-5 weeks ago the TV kicks off the media app after 30 mins or so taking it back to the home screen. I've went through all settings and even done a complete factory reset and the problem is still there... Very, very unhappy with the Roku TV now that the upgrade has ruined the TV. If the software patch isn't done in short order to fix the problem I will have to trash the Roku TV and go buy another name brand and not recommend Roku to customers in my store asking what TV is that.

0 Kudos