Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku Media Player Problem with WIN 10 files

There is a new version of RMP in beta test that has some changes that may or may not affect this. If you or anyone else would like to join the RMP beta test group, please pm me.
thanks
rokudale
0 Kudos
Highlighted

hi there...i've copied the two files on to a usb stick and they play fine when i plug in the usb stick into the usb port of the tv. the resulation is just standard definition not high definition, if that's what you mean by resolution. i just want to be able to use the dlna  media server function of windows  10. i prefer wireless rather than the sneaker net. i've also sent you a PM.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am so new to this please help. I have pictures and videos on my desktop that I enjoyed watching on my Roku TV I believe it was thru Roku Media Player. My operating system became corrupt and I had it replaced. Now I can no longer see my pictures on Roku. I don't think my PC sees any of my Roku TVs. Roku keeps saying use a USB stick I don't want to use a USB stick I want to use my wireless network (I think that is what it is called). Can anyone please help me? 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

im_frustrated: files that play on other devices doesn't mean they will play on a Roku. First, what Roku player are you using? Model number please, not name. Also, we need to know more about your files. What is the container (the file extension, i.e. MP4, MKV, AVI, etc.)? We also need to know what codecs are used. Roku only supports a handful of video and audio codecs. If your media uses unsupported codecs, or if the container is unsupported, then the only way to play them on a Roku is via transcoding. This requires streaming the media from a computer or NAS running server software. Plex is one example, or there are a number of DLNA servers that you can try. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

"Mini6_" wrote:
I am so new to this please help. I have pictures and videos on my desktop that I enjoyed watching on my Roku TV I believe it was thru Roku Media Player. My operating system became corrupt and I had it replaced. Now I can no longer see my pictures on Roku. I don't think my PC sees any of my Roku TVs. Roku keeps saying use a USB stick I don't want to use a USB stick I want to use my wireless network (I think that is what it is called). Can anyone please help me? 

When you reinstalled your OS, the media sharing function was probably not enabled. In Windows Media Player, there is a menu option labeled Stream. Click that, and at the bottom it probably says "Turn On Media Streaming...". Click that and configure your settings. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Dale:

I have used roku media player for several years with mixed success.

This includes windws xp to 10.

on my LAN, netgear wndr4300 dual band router, I have had success at times.

currently i can see my win 10 media server and folders there but no files

roku wants to see one folder in particular: camera roll

I have put files there and shared them with user group : everyone

Still nothing in roku...

Any thoughts

Bart

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm using windows 10 and dlna in windows media player 10 and the only way to get ROKU media player app to recognize my photos is the change the extension from .jpg to .jpeg Is there some way for ROKU to tweak their software to include .jpg so people don't have to change the extension on thousands of photos to be able to view their pictures from their computers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku sees thousands of files I have with the .jpg extension
0 Kudos