Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku Media Player Folder Load Issue

In my home I have a few Roku devices all with Roku Media Player which access a Windows 10 system running a very basic DLNA server (the one built into Windows itself). For whatever reason, when accessing the DLNA server, each time a folder is loaded it sits and spins until the network timeout in the app is reached and gives a server connection error. If you go back down the same folder path, you can get into the folder that caused the error previously, but if you select a folder inside that folder, the process repeats, sits, spins, and then times out with the server connection error. Once you actually select a video to watch, it plays just fine, no issue whatsoever. Using the built-in media player on my Samsung TV does not present this issue, so it doesn't seem to be the server itself. Any help or suggestions on what to try is greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos