Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Level 20

Roku Media Player 5.5.12 released 9/8/21

Test it thoroughly...

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Media Player 5.5.12 released 9/8/21

I wasn't even aware they were working on a new version. Hadn't looked at the beta forum in a while. It appears to only target a couple of specific performance issues with a couple of audio codecs. They also mention some minor cosmetic changes, but most likely only noticeable if you're device is set to German or Portuguese.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

I haven't looked at the beta forum in a month or two.

Considering the multitude of RMP component/library updates since the last RMP update, who knows what functionality has been fixed/broken aside from the stated supposed fixes.

Mostly I intended this as a collection zone for observations/feedback...

0 Kudos
Gary-94080
Level 12

@StreamerUser wrote:

Mostly I intended this as a collection zone for observations/feedback...

I see that my observation/feedback was deleted.  instead of retyping it I linked to a previous thread.

still not working RMP audio player in continuous play mode with the Roku screensaver turned on will stop playing after two files are played.  

RMP audio player/Roku screensaver combination has not worked since day one of version 5

0 Kudos
SummitNettled
Level 7

The cool looking gold outlined folder icons on the New Grid View for Roku Media Player are great.  But you've once more made it necessary for me to scroll through over 1,400 video titles ONE AT A TIME.  Ten folders containing 50-250 video titles in each folder cannot be easily searched with the single arrow function now available in Grid-Only View.  I need the << and >> (page up and page down) buttons that come with List View.  And your cool looking gold outlined folder icons may be impressive, but they cut off the latter portion of every single video title so I don't even know what's available to play.

LIST VIEW IS CRITICAL to users who have moderate to large collections.  Please give it back.  For now, I'll switch over to the new competitor's device which I was just getting hooked up when you fixed the scrolling problem in RMP that came with your November 2019 update.  I'll check back in a few months to see if you've once again repaired the Roku Media Player's functions (unless the competition turns out to be so smooth that I forget to check).

0 Kudos
andeux
Level 8

One serious bug that I had reported months ago is greatly improved, if not exactly fixed.
When streaming music from a DLNA server, when a new track started there would be a moment of music, and then a couple seconds of silence, and then the music would resume, having missed the first seconds of the song.
In the newest version, there is still the 1-2 seconds of silence, but then it picks back up at the beginning of the new track.
So while it still can't handle gapless playback, at least no music is getting lost. And I am happy to see any progress at all, after a long period when each version seemed to introduce more bugs than it fixed.

0 Kudos