Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDale
Level 8

Roku Media Player 4.1.1579 released

Main changes.
Support for .pls playlist files.
Autorun.m3u at the top level of a usb drive will automatically start playback when inserted or RMP launched. (This new feature can be turned off in the settings screen)
A new "Settings" icon, pressing "*" on the Help icon no longer launches Settings.
.vtt subtitles support added (like .srt files)
ps3 dlna server better supported
playing a folder of mixed media now plays all the different media.
RMP was not recognizing some 4k content as playable on later model Rokus.

For DLNA experts only:
You can now modify the USERAGENT that RMP sends to the dlna server. Some dlna servers use USERAGENT to determine the supported codecs and how to transcode for the Roku. To get to this press '*" on the media server icon.

RokuDale
0 Kudos
11 Replies
rockou
Level 7

Re: Roku Media Player 4.1.1578 released

I wish it would go back to showing .mov files from our iphone and ipad devices right side up.
Also would be nice if it would again show a pic from the video as the icon instead of the generic video icon for every video file.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
mike_s
Level 8

Still no sort by date.  Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

Photos should be sorted by date with the "default" sort and filtertype is photos.
0 Kudos
crcostel
Level 7

How about release notes for Roku TVs
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

The notes in the original post apply to players and tvs.
0 Kudos
rockou
Level 7

Is there any way they can make portrait videos from an iphone or ipad play right side up again? There was talk a while back about them maybe adding an option for this. 
Would I be able to change the Useragent to accomplish this and if so what would I type in?
Does the useragent default back to the Roku entry like it is now when you exit the player or will it keep whatever you type in?
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
mike_s
Level 8

"RokuDale" wrote:
Photos should be sorted by date with the "default" sort and filtertype is photos.

I want sort by date for videos. I'd like to be able to quickly see the most recently added ones. RMP knows the dates - they're shown in the bubble when navigating through them. But the only sort option is alpha or reverse-alpha.
4.1.1579, so I assume there was an even newer update.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"mike.s" wrote:
"RokuDale" wrote:

I want sort by date for videos. I'd like to be able to quickly see the most recently added ones. RMP knows the dates - they're shown in the bubble when navigating through them. But the only sort option is alpha or reverse-alpha.
4.1.1579, so I assume there was an even newer update.

Depending on your DLNA server software, you may have the ability to have a Last Added view. Serviio provides that.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

For DLNA, default sort is done by the server. RMP presents them in the order the dlna server provides. Alpha sort overrides that and RMP resorts them locally. See if there is a setting on your slna server to change it's sorting method.
0 Kudos