Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eMac
Level 7

Roku Loads Crackle By Itself

Been using my Roku for the last few minutes, and no matter where I navigate, it always takes me to Crackle. When I load the home screen and stop using the remote, it stops happening. Is anyone else experiencing this or something similar? 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Blomst
Level 7

Re: Roku Loads Crackle By Itself

Yes as of yesterday 11-8-2020 exactly same problem Crackle has taken control so I can't get to settings or other homescreen. I don't see a solution and of course Roku don't bother to answer the phone.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Do you have a Crackle button on your remote?  Is it stuck?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Blomst
Level 7

No my remote doesn't have a Crackle button. But it has completely taken over can only get home screen if I keep hold the button on remote.

0 Kudos
renojim

It sounds like some kind of faulty remote.  If you take the batteries out of the remote does it happen?  Can you try the Roku app on your phone or tablet as a remote?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Blomst 

Thanks for the post. 

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cubster
Level 7

We have been having the same problem with Crackle for about a week. It is very annoying. I've deleted the Crackle app and it keeps on coming back and then pulling us off of Netflix and other steaming services. Help. Why?

0 Kudos
Cubster
Level 7

This Crackle issue is a BIG DEAL.

More info. Crackle is completely screwing up our ROKU experience. I delete the icon and it prompts me to reload it. I try to use the source button to get off the ROKU HDMI port and Crackle comes up and blocks that key unless I push faster to override it. Deleting the Crackle service just makes the prompt to load it get more aggressive. I tried the iPhone remote and it still behaves the same, so I don't think it's an IR problem.

Example, per my wife: On a show in Netflix, she was trying to fast forward and it goes to the Crackle channel. Then, going to the source button (to go to a different hdmi input, ie Comcast cable) it reloads Crackle before the input can change away from ROKU. 

My wife is now watching her streaming channels on her phone/iPad until this gets fixed. Ouch. Help. Quickly.

0 Kudos
Cubster
Level 7

What is a PM?

0 Kudos
renojim

A PM is a personal message.  Do you have a Crackle button on your remote?

0 Kudos