Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blacktele
Level 7

Re: Roku Keeps Switching to Netflix Channel

If you haven't figured it out, the Roku platform and remote system completely suck. My tv keeps switching to Netflix, sometimes multiple times in a single show. No matter what tv, as seen from the many posts above. NO, the netflix button is not stuck or LODGED. Has anyone also noticed the Roku remotes EATS BATTERIES?? I have to change the batteries so often it's ridiculous. I'm shopping options to replace Roku asap. Or maybe taking apart the remote and disabling/destroying the stupid shortcut buttons. SLING? I need a SLING button? Thanks Roku.

0 Kudos
betsyboat
Level 7

My TCL Roku TV is a couple of years old but it's only been in the last month that it keeps switching to Netflix. It varies in frequency. Sometimes it can go a day without having a problem right now it's happening every five minutes while I'm trying to watch a movie on Amazon. I went into the system menu and disabled phone apps and that had no impact. We don't have an iPad in use in this house but I have a daughter visiting with an iPhone so I'm having her check but she hasn't been using it to do anything with Netflix. concerning the last person posting, I don't have any problem with my remotes eating batteries. I use rechargeables and they last a long time.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@betsyboat

Thanks for the post.

Does your remote have a Netflix button on it? If so, have you checked to make sure that the button isn't lodged or stuck?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos