Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebulerdo
Level 7

Roku JW Broadcasting available in Spain?

Hello All.

I'm thinking of buying a Roku device for my parents. They would basically use it to watch the JW Broadcasting channel, in the Religion section. Many of my friends in the US watch this channel through Roku and it works great. Yet I live in Spain and I'm reading many comments by disappointed Spanish users complaining that not many channels are available for Roku here.

So my question is whether anyone can confirm that it's possible to use Roku to watch JW Broadcasting from Spain without having to mess with proxies or VPNs or whatever.

Thank you!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ebulerdo
Level 7

Re: Roku JW Broadcasting available in Spain?

I am just posting to answer my own question, in case it's useful for someone else in the future. A friend of mine has a Roku 2 and lent it to me. I could install and watch JW Broadcasting in Spain as well as other apps.

On the other hand, Roku has a weird support strategy. They didn't even allow me to ask them my question. That subject is not entitled to agent-replied support, the site said. And no one in the forums has the capacity to even acknowledge my question either. Do they expect people to buy their product without knowing if it will work or not? With such non-existant support I decided to buy a Chromecast instead.

All the best!
0 Kudos
Vorg
Level 7

Re: Roku JW Broadcasting available in Spain?

As far as I understand it, any restrictions based on location for any roku channel is up to the channel owner. Roku servers are just the switchboard linking units to streams.
0 Kudos