Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rockworm
Level 9

Re: Roku + HULU Failure

Jump to solution

So a tech and I saw a ton of rejections from my cable modem/router combo - rejecting outbound messages from roku.  Neither of us have any idea why.

Replaced the combo with a new modem/router pair and the issues are gone.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jlchristian
Level 7

Jump to solution

January 2020 and i’m having the exact same problem. I have the roku ultra and a roku tv. unbelievable that they still haven’t fixed this. 

Highlighted
imouse1
Level 8

Jump to solution

SAME.  I've had my Roku about 1.5 years with the remote that has the microphone.  I cannot watch two shows in a row, either, if I'm even able to start one because half the time it is having problems, anyway.  I don't have any issues with the router because none of my other devices are having interruptions, etc. and it is plugged DIRECTLY into the router so it is not a wireless issue.  

I am glad I am only paying the $3 a month for the service because I can rarely watch anything on my laptop or desktop because those (which are wireless and plugged in directly, respectively) have even more issues with having problems.  If they thought that the $3 was a teaser for me to want to pay for this service full time or to upgrade to something without ads, they're sorely mistaken, considering I can't use any of the service 80% of the time.  

Does anyone else also have the issue where the audio will play and it's just a black screen, so you have to rewind (which sometimes kicks you back through the commercials, so you have to watch them AGAIN) to get the visuals to show up?  Happens at least once an episode, regardless of whether it is on a computer or the Roku box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
imouse1
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm not sure how you did the new pairing but no matter how many times I uninstall, restart, and reinstall I have the same packeting issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Malfunction
Level 7

Jump to solution

HULU worked fine on my Roku until today.  I just installed a ASUS RT-AC66U B1 AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless AC Router w/ AiMesh Support after my old ASUS RT-N65R router failed yesterday.  Everything is working except HULU. I'm on an ethernet cable connection. I uninstalled the channel and rebooted the Roku Premier+.  This didn't help. If HULU can't get their act together, I might have to pause or unsubscribe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Malfunction
Level 7

Jump to solution

And oddly enough it just started working after I posted this. 

@Malfunction wrote:

HULU worked fine on my Roku until today.  I just installed a ASUS RT-AC66U B1 AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless AC Router w/ AiMesh Support after my old ASUS RT-N65R router failed yesterday.  Everything is working except HULU. I'm on an ethernet cable connection. I uninstalled the channel and rebooted the Roku Premier+.  This didn't help. If HULU can't get their act together, I might have to pause or unsubscribe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
imouse1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Mine worked for about a week after posting my complaint then it went back. I have noticed that if I go to the "Is it Down?" website they have a constant stream of complaints. This a server problem with them.