Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BobRoberts
Level 7

Re: Roku + HULU Failure

Jump to solution
Have you gone to your account settings and enabled the play next episode function or turned it off and on again? Have had Hulu for over three years and have never had this issue on PC, phone, Roku or FireTV.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rockworm
Level 9

Jump to solution
Yes, I tried that a few times.  If either mode worked, I'd love it.  If I turn it off, it still hangs on the next video or just returning to the menu.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rockworm
Level 9

Jump to solution
I looked at my wifi..  I don't see anything wrong there.  Netflix, Amazon, CBS all access, you tube. ... all my apps work except the hulu app when it tries to load show #2.

I'd sure love help in debugging this.  I am an engineer, so I should be able to do whatever technical process gets us some data on what is happening.  Is there a debugging version of the hulu app?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Jump to solution
"rockworm" wrote:
I looked at my wifi..  I don't see anything wrong there.  Netflix, Amazon, CBS all access, you tube. ... all my apps work except the hulu app when it tries to load show #2.

I'd sure love help in debugging this.  I am an engineer, so I should be able to do whatever technical process gets us some data on what is happening.  Is there a debugging version of the hulu app?

Not one available publicly. I'm unable to reproduce this at all, but I'll ping CS to see if we have a bug report.

If you haven't already, PM me your serial number, firmware version and build, Roku account email address (all in Settings > System > About), as well as your contact information (name, address, phone).
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rockworm
Level 9

Jump to solution
Thanks.  PM sent.

The Hulu app does something... when it tries to load the 2nd show.  Ping a site, talk to the remote, I dont know.  But it is 100% failure only in that spot.  And when it fails, its done.  I have to exit the app and come back.  
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rockworm
Level 9

Jump to solution
 Problem persists.  Hulu tech had me try reducing stream speed - no change.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rockworm
Level 9

Jump to solution

No fixes?  About to leave Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@rockworm 

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into. Are you experiencing this issue in any other channel on your device? 

This channel is developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves, including all content delivery mechanisms within the channel. If you are seeing an issue that isn't occurring in any other channel, this is something that the channel provider (Hulu) will need to investigate further. It's possible that they have a content encoding issue that is causing this behavior on that particular show, but it's hard for us to say since we don't have insight into those systems behind their channel (app). 

If you'd like to send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About, and recap the details of the specific issue you are seeing, I will also help pass this feedback along to the channel provider. 

Thanks,
Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rockworm
Level 9

Jump to solution

So I took my roku to my sisters house.  All the apps work fine there.

So I came home, and connected my roku  and only my roku to my spectum cable modem directly with a wire and disabled wifi - giving it its own private network.

Still, poker go Blaze and Hulu all exhibit the same weird behaviours (disconnects after 10 minutes , or inaability to load the main screen in hulu once a show completes).

So..  the problem is either my spectrum cable modem, or spectrum?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@rockworm wrote:

So I took my roku to my sisters house.  All the apps work fine there.

So I came home, and connected my roku  and only my roku to my spectum cable modem directly with a wire and disabled wifi - giving it its own private network.

Still, poker go Blaze and Hulu all exhibit the same weird behaviours (disconnects after 10 minutes , or inaability to load the main screen in hulu once a show completes).

So..  the problem is either my spectrum cable modem, or spectrum?

Yeah, if it worked fine on another network, that pretty much nails down there's something strange with yours. I have never used any sort of cable modem, so have no idea what sort of settings they might contain. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos