Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raviampaty
Level 7

Roku HD model 2000C - Amazon Prime video stopped working

My Prime Video on my TV stopped working.  I tried calling amazon support,but the number is not working.  It used to work before.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Roku HD model 2000C - Amazon Prime video stopped working

Support for the older Roku players is being dropped, and yours is one of them. That also means that some channels will start failing. The HD 2000 is one of the original players, and your particular model is nine years old. Most likely Amazon is no longer supporting something that old. Also, your Roku doesn't even support 1080 HD, 720p is its highest resolution. It's also very slow and lacking in memory. For $30-40, you would see a huge improvement over your current player with a new Express or Premiere. The only thing you would lose is the Ethernet connection. You have to get the Ultra for that. And if you're angry at Roku for some reason over this, Amazon would be happy to sell you a Fire TV player. But you won't find the channel selection available on a Roku with other devices. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos