Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffpdavis1
Level 7

Re: Roku HD - Can Not connect to Pandora

Update:
I contacted Pandora support as was suggested. He was very responsive but unwilling to say that the lack of a public IP address was the cause of the inability to connect to Pandora. He essentially said if you can connect with a browser to Pandora, nothing is preventing you from connecting via Roku's Pandora Channel. I had one other diagnostic tool to employ prior to getting that public IP. I have WD TV Live Plus box at my house too that I took over to my son's house. I hooked it up to his system and Internet and Pandora worked fine. So browser to Pandora works fine, WDLive box works fine but Roku's Pandora channel from both his 2XS and my XDS don't. The finger is quickly pointing toward Roku although until I can try the public IP, I'm not willing to say that absolutely. This leaves us with two options: 1) wait for the public IP and see what happens or 2) revert back to the previous firmware version. Is it possible to do that? It seems I read one time that it wasn't. I'm grasping at straws here since he upgraded to the latest firmware before he moved to the currect ISP and we don't know if it MIGHT have worked with a previous release.

Assuming we can't revert, is there anything else we can provide Roku to help solve this problem. Keep in mind that BOTH his Roku 2 XS and MY Roku XDS will not connect to Pandora at his house but both Rokus DO CONNECT at my house, and both have the latest December firmware release. Also keep in mind that phone support from Roku was particularly lacking. It felt like they were only reading from a script. We're willing to try a lot of things but the current set of diagnostics is making us think Roku could do something to fix it.
0 Kudos
ophelia511
Level 7

I am having a similar problem with my Roku. I have one of the older models and everything works fine except for Pandora which stopped working a few weeks ago. I re-installed the app and re-linked the account. I've also done a hard reset on the box but nothing has worked. Basically, when I click on the app it acts like it is going to work but when it starts to retrieve my stations it says Pandora is taking too long to pick my next song and says to try again later. My Pandora account still works fine with my PC and did work the last time I tried it with my Logitech Squeezebox.

Any suggestions would be appreciated since I enjoy listening to Pandora through my home theater system instead of my puny computer speakers.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Yano67
Level 7

I recently bought a new Roku and one of my favorite channels was Pandora.  I like falling asleep to my favorite channels.  Pandora was working fine until recently.  Now when I try to access the channel it is loading and then does not load.  It returns to the load Pandora screen.   Any ideas?  I also tried deleting the channel and reloading it.  All the other channels work fine.
0 Kudos
rockworm
Level 9

Same issue here.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

You've posted to a 6 year old thread, and the mod will soon lock it. Please create a new thread if you are having an issue. Please see the forum rules for posting. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos