Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku HD - Can Not connect to Pandora

Roku Model 200C with Version 2.9 Build 1553 software.
Hardware Versoin 2000C Serial Number HOA135013132158.

I have had Roku and Pandora for about three months and it worked great. (my wife just love Pandora). Now I am having a problem connecting my Roku Box (Model 2000C) with Pandora, all other channels seem to work fine. Also I can connect to Pandora through my computer with no problem. I have a wireless network connecting my Roku to the Internet. I have tried unpluging, waiting 20 second and turning it back on. Turn off the router and modem to reset the network. I have removed Pandora from my Roku and re-installed it. I connected Roku with a ethernet cable and tried a different the router. I still have the same problem. When I go to Pandora I get a blue screen with "Pandora Internet Radio" and in about 90 seconds I get the following message "We are unable to connect to Pandora. Please check your Internet connection and try again.". I have checked the network connection in setting on the Roku, it say that is excellent and I receive other channels okay. Any suggestion?
0 Kudos
14 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Roku HD - Can Not connect to Pandora

I'm not seeing any issues on my end.

When you removed the Pandora channel from the Roku and then re-added it, did it force you to re-link the device to Pandora?

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos

Yes I had to relink to Pandora.
Worked with a Roku tech today, Roku is replacing the unit.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
kc8pql
Level 7

^ I sincerely doubt that's the problem. When only one channel isn't working, it's unlikely that it's the hardware.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Sounds like a network setting or routing issue (router to host). I wonder if a DNS change would help any. It does in some cases with Netflix.

If you haven't sent it out already, you could try using OpenDNS or GoogleDNS, just to see if it changes the equation. Heck, if you're going to be sending it back anyway, and that doesn't work, then a full Factory Reset would be the last option I'd try, since you're going to have to set the channels up again anyway on the new one.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
jeffpdavis1
Level 7

My son got a Roku 2 XS back in August 2011 and all channels worked fine where he was living at the time. He recently moved to a new location (and ISP). With the new ISP, a local mountain only over the air broadband, his Roku (and MINE, an XDS, at his house) would not connect to the Pandora channel and gave us the same message as yours, something about "check your Internet connection". However, his Roku (and mine) work fine with Pandora with my ISP (CenturyLink DSL) and my house. My ISP is slower than his, so please consider that before making a suggestion about the speed of his broadband. His ISP has not (yet) provided him with a public IP address for his router. Currently his WAN external IP is something like 192.168.100.1, out of the range of the normal household NATted DHCP range. This is the first ISP that I've seen that NATs an internal private IP to their customers' routers, and I'm hoping that that's the cause of the problem. We've also done all of the other diagnostics that you've done...deleted and re-added the channel (it forced a re-link of the device), changed the DNS setting on the router to be ones from OpenDNS, and Google, used both wired and wireless. I don't want to do a factory reset since it DOES work at my house fine. This sure seems like something Pandora could fix too if it happens to be the public IP as the problem, especially since Netflix and HuluPlus work and have similar restrictions on U.S. only ISPs, which we ARE in, namely Colorado. Does anyone have any other suggestions or Pandora support to contact? Roku phone support has been much less than satisfactory...
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Level 7

Here's a contact for Pandora.
https://help.pandora.com/customer/portal/emails/new
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
0 Kudos
knuckle
Level 7

Open browser type in 192.168.100.1 login admin pass W2402 and change your dns -- may have to do a hard reset on your router if the cable company has flashed it

good luck
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos
jeffpdavis1
Level 7

The 192.168.100.1 is the router's external IP address not the internal LAN IP address. The external, usually public, IP address may point to this router when in the network, but so does 192.168.0.1, which is his LAN address for the router. Also, it's not a cable company nor their router. The ISP is in a small mountain town about 25 miles from here. They have a wired connection into their facility that they redistribute via a microwave wireless system on repeaters strategically placed line of sight on high points in foothills west of Boulder. It's the fastest broadband available in the area, since CenturyLink hasn't upgraded a portion of their network to allow DSL faster than 1.5Mbps. But, I think your point was to change the DNS, which we did to both OpenDNS' servers and Google's, to no avail. Thanks though for the luck. This seems to be a fairly obscure problem.

I sent a similar message off to Pandora help per kc8pql's suggestion below. Still waiting from them.
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Level 7

"jeffpdavis1" wrote:
This seems to be a fairly obscure problem.

It does sound somehow unique to your situation.
0 Kudos