Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Guest Mode and Comcast Xfinity App

Jump to solution

Hello!

I have a rental property and I also have a Roku TV.

I'd like to use the Guest Mode but I have one small problem with it.

In my rental property location, the only cable subscription service is Comcast Xfinity.  Conveniently, they have a Xfinity channel that allows me to get live TV without the added cost of a set top box.  However, when I enable Guest mode. the Xfinity channel is now longer there by default.  Additionally, the channel is no longer signed in.

Do you know of a work around to this one?

Ideally, I'd like to provide the guest mode to my renters but keep the Comcast Xfinity channel signed in for each user.  In this way, I don't have to have a set top box.

Please let me know.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Guest Mode and Comcast Xfinity App

Jump to solution

@miket03 

Thanks for the post.

The Guest Mode feature is meant for a user to add a channel if they want to use the Roku device (in this case, Xfinity) and for them to sign in with their own credentials so as to not create any unwanted charges to the device owner. 

The only workaround for your situation is to provide the occupants with your Xfinity credentials once they add the channel so they can sign into the channel and view content.

For more information about Guest Mode, visit our Support page here: How do I stream my content on a Roku® streaming device in Guest Mode?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Guest Mode and Comcast Xfinity App

Jump to solution

@miket03 

Thanks for the post.

The Guest Mode feature is meant for a user to add a channel if they want to use the Roku device (in this case, Xfinity) and for them to sign in with their own credentials so as to not create any unwanted charges to the device owner. 

The only workaround for your situation is to provide the occupants with your Xfinity credentials once they add the channel so they can sign into the channel and view content.

For more information about Guest Mode, visit our Support page here: How do I stream my content on a Roku® streaming device in Guest Mode?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos