Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mannysan26
Reel Rookie

Roku Giving Low Power message

My Roku Express and Roku Streaming Stick are both giving me Low Power warnings even though they are connected into the adapter and the wall outlet. Each time I move the adapter to the opposite plug, it starts to work but it can last from a few minutes or hour to the next day then I get the same error. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Giving Low Power message

Have you considered inspecting the outlets and the electric circuits to which your Rokus are connected? It may not be you power adapters at all. I once had an electrical issue that affected the TV and Roku plugged in to that circuit. It turns out I had a bad 3-way outlet multiplier connected to another outlet some distance away on the same circuit; it was randomly cutting out and affecting the TV/Roku as well as every other appliance (it was a kitchen circuit) including my fridge. It took a while to test everything to find the bad 3-way and dispose it. Once done, I no longer had random power dropping.

It may not have anything to do with yours, but it's worth taking a meter to check the electrical power. If you can't do it, find a gearhead friend or hire an electrician.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
Mannysan26
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Giving Low Power message

Thanks for the suggestion! I will consider it

0 Kudos