Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku Freezes and crashes when trying to bbc iplayer

I am trying to launch bbc i player and every time i try to click it my roku freezes completely then restarts. This has been happening for 3/4 days. I have tried deleting bbc i player then restarting roku and reinstalling bbc iplayer and it still doesn’t work. I use a roku express. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Freezes and crashes when trying to launch channel

@Ebarclay 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are seeing? What Roku model device are you using?

Have you tried contacting the channel provider to see what other troubleshooting steps they can provide?Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Roku Freezes and crashes when trying to launch channel

i am using the roku express and how would i contact the channel provider. Every time i click the BBC iplayer the whole screen freezes then restarts the roku completely.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Roku Freezes and crashes when trying to bbc iplayer

I have the same problem.

Since Christmas Eve it has only launched twice despite daily attempts.

It loads to 100% (takes at least 10 seconds) but then pauses and returns to the roku homescreen.

I have tried updating the Roku and the app at various stages.

I also removed the channel, restarted Roku, and then re-added the channel. Make no difference.

It only affects i-player- all other channels launch without fail.

I am using a 3900EU-Roku Express, Software version 9.4.0 build 4200-51

0 Kudos