Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChetDude
Channel Surfer

Roku Express+ won't install OR remove channels

I have one Roku Express that's working fine (Model 3930X). I've been able to install and watch the Fubo.tv channel without any issues on this box.

I have another Roku Express (Model 3910X) that's installed in a different room on the same STRONG, FAST, WiFi internet connection that plays existing channels fine.

I couldn't install Fubo.tv channel.  It just sits there with the circle thingie revolving forever ("installing channel") without finishing the install.  Just to be sure it wasn't a Fubo thing, I tried uninstalling another channel and that's doing the same thing - including locking up the Roku requiring power down/reboot.  It appears that this ROKU is defective.  I checked and both are running the latest software version.

I'm afraid that since these things are so cheap, I really have no other recourse than to buy a new Roku, hmmm?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
ChetDude
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express+ won't install OR remove channels

Update!

I did a full system reset to factory specs and Fubo.tv was included when it loaded NINETY SIX CHANNELS into the device after I re-authorized it.  96 channels!!!  When I have only installed a little over a dozen.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

Roku guys!

Pretty PLEASE give us a way to edit the channel lineup on our Roku devices other than spending HOURS deleting each of the 70+ unwanted channels - one by one using the remote (in my case, TWICE - once on each ROKU device).

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You shouldn't have to delete channels on multiple devices if they're linked to the same account.  Remove them on one and then just restart/reboot the other.  They will be gone.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ChetDude
Channel Surfer

Sorry, my friend. 

That's not a good answer as doing it that way still means wasting a couple of hours deleting about 80-85 channels that I don't need using the remote.  Not to mention the wear and tear on my thumb.  After 58 years of computer work, I'm already dealing with enough RSI as it is.

There is NO technical reason why Roku couldn't provide a method to bulk delete (or bulk ADD) multiple channels while logged into one's account on-line.  I suspect that the reason it hasn't been done has to do with marketing concerns as opposed to providing a better customer experience.

I suppose I'll just have to live with the clutter of an extra 85 channel icons on my screen.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I wasn't addressing your bulk adding/deleting issue.  I was just pointing out that you didn't have to do it twice.  You're not the first one to suggest such a feature, but for several years now it's fallen on deaf ears.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ChetDude
Channel Surfer

Ah, thank you for the information and your time.

I've really liked the Rokus I've used over the last decade - they're cheap enough so when they become "obsolete" or die, it's not that big a thing compared to their convenience. 

It's too bad they ignore us when we request a rather simple change that would make our lives much easier and would bring their software up to the convenience level of OTHER products.

bobbyb444
Reel Rookie

I couldn't agree more...I have been trying to:

a) get ROKU to at least set up 'categories" of apps (like all cooking channels, just movie apps, just live apps using channel guides, etc. NO. What one has to do is "relocate" the apps up and down with the remote alongside common apps. 

b) get ROKU to at least honor EASIER (duh) access to amending their cumbersome removal process of ONLY removing a channel via the Roku ---> TV remote , versus the FAR easier website. On the TV remote, one MUST go through several iterations (screen after screen after screen) --hoping it doesn't try to update in the process--on a channel's description page to delete the particular app. (one can also check/control for any subscriptions at the same time while on the web)

WE MUST MAKE EVERYTHING PASS THROUGH A MARKETING EXERCISE OR BE EXTRAORDINARILY CUMBERSOME

0 Kudos