Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eebuckeye
Level 7

Roku Express Spectrum App "Something went wrong" ??

I have not been able to use the Spectrum app on our Roku Express and it was working.  I unplugged the uninstalled the app, unplugged the Roku and waited a few minutes then reinstalled the Spectrum app with the same issue.  I have also tried other things with no luck.

The Spectrum app does not ask for my username/password when I reinstall it.  Is there a way I can force it to ask?  Any other things I can also try?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Roku Express Spectrum App "Something went wrong" ??

Silly question:
Are you a Spectrum internet and cable customer? I don't believe you can use the app on a non-Spectrum network. I could be wrong.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
eebuckeye
Level 7

Yep.. Spectrum customer.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"eebuckeye" wrote:
I have not been able to use the Spectrum app on our Roku Express and it was working.  I unplugged the uninstalled the app, unplugged the Roku and waited a few minutes then reinstalled the Spectrum app with the same issue.  I have also tried other things with no luck.

The Spectrum app does not ask for my username/password when I reinstall it.  Is there a way I can force it to ask?  Any other things I can also try?

Thank you!

You did the Remove-Reboot-Reinstall (though a power cycle instead of reboot; still good). Now, I don't know how the Spectrum app works, not being a Spectrum user. The Comcast app doesn't ask. Rather, it works according to the Comcast service that it's connected to. That is, on my Roku, I don't have to log in to Comcast/Xfinity app. It simply offers the content that's in my service plan. If I take my Roku to a non-Comcast location, the app doesn't work.

I don't know if Spectrum works that way -- a Spectrum user will have to chime in -- but are you actually connected to the Internet via your Spectrum service? Or does that matter?

Apart from that, have you contacted Spectrum?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
eebuckeye
Level 7

You have to login for Spectrum which I have done in the past.  We have other Roku's that work fine but this gives a problem now.  I do not get to the point that I can even try to log-in.  The Spectrum app is working on other tvs with Roku.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

I've seen the "Something went wrong" message before, but sometimes it's gone an hour later.. I'd try rebooting your cable modem and router, just to make sure it's nothing related to the app not talking to the Spectrum server correctly..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
optikhog
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
I've seen the "Something went wrong" message before, but sometimes it's gone an hour later.. I'd try rebooting your cable modem and router, just to make sure it's nothing related to the app not talking to the Spectrum server correctly..

What he said - usually this is the result of the Spectrum servers timing out.  If this continues for more than a few hours, you may not be provisioned correctly and you'll need to call Spectrum for help, as terrible as that sounds.
0 Kudos
eebuckeye
Level 7

The app does work on other Roku setups in the house so I think we are configured ok.
0 Kudos