Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Express - Model: 3930X - Netflix Buffering Issue

Jump to solution

We bought a Roku Express about a month ago, primarily to watch Netflix.  It played Netflix perfectly, until last week. Netflix still loads fine, you can select a title and start watching with no issues.  However, within 3 - 5 minutes of playing your title, it starts to buffer, heavily.  It will hang on 28% for a while, eventually getting to 100% after several minutes, play for about 5 seconds, and then start to buffer again, and it just repeats this process endlessly.  Netflix is unwatchable at this point.   We have re-booted Roku, and rebooted the router, multiple times, and checked for upgrades on Roku, but the behaviour is still the same.  Tubi plays fine.  Any ideas or suggestions on how to get Netflix working again, would be appreciated?  Thank you!  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Express - Model: 3930X - Netflix Buffering Issue

Jump to solution

Thank you.  I followed your suggestion and removed, then re-installed Netflix, but got the same behaviour.  Then I tested Netflix on a different device (cell phone), and got the same result, heavy buffering.  Re-tested the cell phone after turning off its wifi and running on the phones data, Netflix worked fine.   Turns out it was an IP issue.  My ISP reset my connection from their end and Netfix works fine now across three devices (Cell Phone, Laptop, and Roku, ISP wanted to ensure the problem was fixed).  Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

When the problem is confined to a particular channel, often reinstalling that channel's app can fix it.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.

3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory. It may or may not make a difference, depending on what's causing your problem, but it's worth doing.

4. Reinstall the channel.

5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you.  I followed your suggestion and removed, then re-installed Netflix, but got the same behaviour.  Then I tested Netflix on a different device (cell phone), and got the same result, heavy buffering.  Re-tested the cell phone after turning off its wifi and running on the phones data, Netflix worked fine.   Turns out it was an IP issue.  My ISP reset my connection from their end and Netfix works fine now across three devices (Cell Phone, Laptop, and Roku, ISP wanted to ensure the problem was fixed).  Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
Thanks for reporting back so people won't have to waste time asking questions and making suggestions that are no longer needed.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos