Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allisonh
Level 7

Roku Express 4k+ regularly stuck loading, needs restart

I recently bought the Roku Express 4K+ and have been using it with Netflix, Comcast App, and Disney.  It works great when it works, but when it doesn't, it's painful, I often have to restart (soft reboot via the Settings, or unplug).

1. With Netflix, I can watch *some* shows and other shows will just get stuck on Loading.

2. With the Comcast App, the experience is worse, it often gets stuck when I switch to a different channel.

3. With Disney, I cannot load anything.

For 1. and 2. I can fix the problem with a restart, but then it happens again after some use.

I check the connection through the Roku settings, and it says it is good, download speed 40-48mbps. I also check the connection through the Netflix app, and it also gives a similar download speed.

My wireless/internet configuration:  Comcast internet, Motorola Surboard modem, TM-AC1900 Dual Band router.

I can't tell if it's a Roku or app issue. Any tips appreciated.

Thanks,

Allison

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express 4k+ regularly stuck loading, needs restart

Hey @allisonh

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you tell us when you started experiencing this issue? How your Roku Express 4K+ is powered? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet?

In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
allisonh
Level 7

Hi Kariza,

I experienced the issue from day 1, I set up the device 6 days ago - Sept 20. The Roku is powered using the power adapter connected to an outlet, my TV does not have a USB port.

Thanks,

Allison

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@allisonh

Thanks for the details. 

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
allisonh
Level 7

Thank you!

0 Kudos