Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonas1
Level 8

Roku EPIX Channel missing some features / suggestions

Jump to solution

Although I generally like the EPIX content so far, there are some issues / suggestions I would make for the EPIX Roku channel:

1.) Lack of Search feature: Doesn't seem to be a search feature to find a show, series, or movie title or actor, etc, like most Premium content channels have. Suggest you put one in at the top-right to access with up arrow on a Roku device.

2.) Lack of a "Future Watchlist" or intended items for future viewing. Suggest you put in a list where one can choose from the title page of each show, the ability to place it on a "Future", "Favorites", "Possibles", "Intended", "Bookmarks," or other such-named list to put shows that you intend to possibly watch in the future, in addition to the "Currently Watching" list that automatically appears. Currently, your only option to get back to a show you might like, is to start watching it for enough minutes to trigger an auto-entry on the Currently Watching list.

3.) The shows are certainly chaotic-looking on the main EPIX Roku page... meaning that some new tiles are mixed-in with very old-looking tiles, and some tiles that are black with words only. It is *not* attractive or inviting. EPIX has quite a bit to offer, but who wants to look for good newer items amongst the old titles. You have the "Vault" items lower on the list - shouldn't that be enough of a place to look for old items? And you *must* have icon/tile pictures for each show. It would be far better to have a clean main page with the newer items (let's say at least for creation date within the last 10 years, ok?

Tryin' to help here, not criticism so much, because I do enjoy what I have seen so far - which is Pennyworth and Brittania.

JB.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku EPIX Channel missing some features / suggestions

Jump to solution

You really need to submit your feedback to Epix.  For the most part Roku doesn't create the channels/apps and has no control over them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

renojim

Jump to solution

You could try https://community.roku.com/t5/Suggest-a-Feature/bd-p/Wishlist , but The Roku Channel is a generic front end to so many providers and I imagine all these "premium" channels function the same.  However, I can't say that I've tried any of them, so I may not know what I'm talking about.

There is a search within The Roku Channel (press Up on your remote when you first enter the channel/app), but it will search everything within The Roku Channel, not just EPIX, and let you know where you can watch it.  That's probably the way they (Roku) want it.

It's been many, many years since I've looked at the stand-alone EPIX channel, but I can tell you I wasn't very impressed with its features.  I hope it's improved since then.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
renojim

Jump to solution

You really need to submit your feedback to Epix.  For the most part Roku doesn't create the channels/apps and has no control over them.

Jonas1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks. I actually tried to compare, but the direct EPIX Roku app doesn't let me in, as though they don't know or manage me as a Roku EPIX subscriber. I will try to comment directly.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Jonas1, are you subscribed to EPIX through Roku and watching it through The Roku Channel?  If so I may have to take back what I said.  I assumed you were using the stand-alone EPIX channel/app.

0 Kudos
Jonas1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, I subscribed through Roku Channel on my Roku for one of the recent 99¢ for first month of EPIX.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Jonas1 

Those features are available in the Epix Now standalone app. You would subscribe to Epix directly. Same price.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Jonas1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks. If I continue, I may do that, if the price is equal. One reason I had to post my suggeswas to help Roku make their version of EPIX much more workable and attractive. Is there a better way for me to communicate this to them?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

You could try https://community.roku.com/t5/Suggest-a-Feature/bd-p/Wishlist , but The Roku Channel is a generic front end to so many providers and I imagine all these "premium" channels function the same.  However, I can't say that I've tried any of them, so I may not know what I'm talking about.

There is a search within The Roku Channel (press Up on your remote when you first enter the channel/app), but it will search everything within The Roku Channel, not just EPIX, and let you know where you can watch it.  That's probably the way they (Roku) want it.

It's been many, many years since I've looked at the stand-alone EPIX channel, but I can tell you I wasn't very impressed with its features.  I hope it's improved since then.

0 Kudos
Jonas1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks so much. I copied that into a post on that suggested site. Hope that can help an appropriate party at Roku to give it some proper attention. 

Overall, I think Roku does a lot of things well - these things would help improve on the good.

0 Kudos