Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku Continually Signing Me Out of Disney+

Jump to solution

I realize that sending people to the app developers is the official Roku response, so I understand that is why you responded this way. But you should realize this isn’t good customer service on Roku’s part. 

I mentioned my background because it is relevant. I am a problem solver, it’s what I do. I have been doing it a very long time and if I come across a problem that there aren’t any answers for online I start troubleshoot. 

You seem to like helping people so I’m not responding to try to get one up on you, I’m trying to teach you how to better help others. As a manager this is also part of my job description. 

First step in troubleshooting is to try and reproduce the problem that way you can test your theories on how to fix it, in this particular case I was having the same problem so I knew first hand what worked and what didn’t.  

I hope this makes sense. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

If Disney Plus says more than one stream (4 probably) is available per account.

Then this should work without issue. Please inform their developers of what is happening

with their Roku Channel/App. From its outset Roku has encouraged people to publish and

be responsible for their own Channels. This isnt complicated. Everything is not Roku's fault.

This is what total NooBs think. Do you know how to file a bug report? I question your credentials.

You dont interact as Developers do. I think you stumbled on a work around and it went to your head.

Many problems get solved without people going on and on with irrelevant nonsense.

Roku provides the Platform.

Goodbye.

Go ahead with your last word Im not arguing with you at all and I just added you to my ignore list.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I didn’t have any reason to file a bug with Disney, I correctly assessed this was not their issue from the beginning. There were some clues.

1. The issue did not happen for more than a week after setting up my new device. If the app was not capable of working with stored credentials it would have happened right away.

2. I realized after the fact (I mentioned this) that other apps were affected and were also working previously. So it was clearly not a Disney problem.

i believe you had a pre-determination that this was their problem, and that you took offense to the fact I said you were wrong, but it offended you even more that I was right. You let your ego get in the way and did not keep an open mind. You even replied after my fix was accepted as the solution that it is still Disney’s issue which means you do not believe I even resolved it at all. 

In addition, you insult me by saying my 22 years of experience with supporting and developing applications is meaningless as if nobody could possibly know more than you do, instead of learning from the experience. 

in summary you are in denial and have a pretty big ego. I recommend that you keep an open mind, try to keep learning and growing as a rule in life, and have some respect for others. These things will serve you well. 

PS: I noticed you deleted the response where you said we would need a better (more expensive) Roku device. I suppose this means you at least accept that answer was incorrect. 

If you want to help others then please notice what symptoms were mentioned and keep in mind the root cause was that the device thought my Roku account/profile login was invalid, and consider the solution which in addition to renaming I had to log into the device again using my Roku account. In other words, this can be a valuable tool to help you help others if you put your ego aside and learn from this. Have a good day sir.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

I have a Big Ego and you were the one that found it necessary to tell us about your 20 years experience, education and Job Title on your very first post here. Totally irrelevant no ones care but you. You havent debugged any software you havent fixed the problem You found a work around that you shouldnt need to do.

Not long ago many users reported Prime was signing them out daily.

I contacted Prime and they said they were aware of the problem and were working on it.

It stopped happening not long afterwards.

Many people have multiple machines streaming the same Channels on the same accounts.

Disney is a Premium Channel from a very large Corporation. Problems with Channels should be reported to them the publisher. It seems to be exclusive to Disney plus.

Do you have access to the Code??? How could you know where the problem exists?

All you might have said is; "I found something that worked for me........."

It was all you needed to say. There hasnt even been ample time to see if this stays fixed.

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Let me be clear.

1. I never said I debugged the problem, I said I troubleshot it. Do you have the source code for the Roku OS that I can use to debug? If so please feel free to send it to me along with a device emulator if applicable. 

2. I did resolve the issue, the root cause was the Roku OS mistakenly identified the logged in account as invalid for the device. The solution involved signing back in and renaming the device. As I said before, I made an assumption that the issue could be caused by the 2 devices having the same name. 

3. Of course I have an ego, everyone does. What I said was you let your big ego get in the way of learning a valuable lesson. I see you still haven't learned anything.

4. I don't owe you any explanations. I posted my solution to help the original poster and anyone else who is looking to resolve this exact problem. You are the one who doesn't accept it and frankly nobody needs you to. 

Good day sir. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

You didnt address my question of why many other app/Channels are not

experiencing this.. As I said Many many users are streaming other channels

to many Roku's on a single account this is not new. This Disney problem is and so is the Channel/app.

You dont know where the problem lies for sure do you? How could you?

It likely is with the Disney servers. either way it is up to them to address their problem.

Now Im certain your credentials are a farce. Sorry dont buy it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Of course there is a bug with Roku OS, at least with the current version. I had the problem with other channels/apps as I have repeatedly mentioned, I tried Discovery Go or maybe it was Science Go, and a couple others I can't remember the names offhand.

I didn't think it was relevant or noteworthy to write them down because I had no idea there was a troll on this forum who was going to blast me for providing a fix to help others!! 

If there was no bug with Roku OS then the steps I took to resolve it would not have resolved this exact issue, period. Once again, the root cause was that the device and app appeared to be logged in but somehow viewed the Roku account credentials to be considered invalid by the Roku OS. I never would have known this was the case if I had not attempted to rename the device, if you don't consider that a bug with the Roku OS then you have no idea what a bug is and have no business attacking my credentials. 

If there is some feature that Prime Video or some of the other channels/apps have that did not experience the problem, then that is not a bug. Those other app developers probably included this feature to work around bugs in the Roku OS, not the other way around! 

I am no longer putting up with your abusive trash talk, and I am no longer assuming you are here to help anybody. In fact, I have no idea what you are even doing here. I have reported you for abuse. Maybe if you are incapable of learning what I have patiently tried to teach you, instead you can learn why you should not be abusive in a public forum!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

@DarthDagger 

What could be so difficult about contacting Disney and letting them know?

There are many people here who work in the Tech Industry.

Get a Grip.

Disney has an extensive support site with 24/7 chat

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have no obligation to do anything you say. If anything, somebody should report the bug I have described with Roku. 

Please stop harassing me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

As a reminder of the Community Guidelines in place when posting in the Community:

Be kind, courteous, and positive when posting. The Community exists to help users. Posting abusive, obscene, harassing, hostile, defamatory, offensive, tortious, argumentative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable content may result in loss of access to the Community. Roku reserves the right to remove any content at its discretion. 

Please be aware that failure to abide by these Community Guidelines may result in the loss of ability to post in the Community.

Since this thread has a solution and has drawn quite off topic, I will be closing it out.

For further issues regarding related Disney+ issues, please feel free to create a new post. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. Feel free to contact Disney+ here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator