Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Continually Signing Me Out of Disney+

Jump to solution

The first Roku Streaming Stick+ we bought has never had the problem of singing us out of Disney+. Recently, the seconding Streaming Stick+ we just bought (less than a month old), continuously logs me out of Disney+. The first week I never had an issue, however, this week it has been logging me out every single day. Any help? Is it Disney+ or Roku? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku Continually Signing Me Out of Disney+

Jump to solution

I resolved this myself. I never contacted Disney.

As Software Development Manager with over 2 decades of experience (not to mention advanced certifications and a degree to back it up) I didn’t need to contact them to know it was not their problem. It’s also obvious how frustrated Roku users all across the web are giving up on Roku or even worse the application developers after being turned away by Roku support staff or Internet forum users pushing them in that direction erroneously.

I’m not trying to degrade anyone’s intelligence here or elsewhere, please do not take offense.

I noticed in the Roku app that both devices were named “Roku Streaming Stick+” and thought maybe I should rename one or both of them just in case the Roku software mistakenly signed one of them out thinking it was the same device.

So when I went to rename the new Roku device I got an error “You are signed in as ********@live.com, which is not the account for Roku Streaming Stick+. Please sign in to complete this operation.”

I signed in again using the same email it just told me was not the correct account, made sure my Roku device names were different in the Roku app and in the devices themselves, then signed into Disney+ and restarted my new Roku which would have reproduced the problem 5 minutes earlier.

This time when I loaded Disney+ it signed in automatically problem solved.

Device Rename ErrorDevice Rename Error

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Its Disney plus.

I think Disney plus is one of the channels you really need a higher end Roku for.

You should contact Disney.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem, after a couple weeks I’m now getting signed out of Disney+ daily on my brand new streaming stick+ it isn’t happening on my original Roku same model only one year older. I do not accept the answer that said I need a higher end Roku device. Disney+ is the only channel I subscribe to through Roku. 

Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Disney Plus is a premium (paid for) Channel.

You need to contact them directly. And file a bug report at least.

Roku is not signing you out. Disney is.

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I haven’t had this happen yet other Roku, my FireTV, or my Xbox. Only this Roku device and I’m not sure yet if the original Roku has the problem since that TV is left on day and night.

When I setup this new Roku and signed in it automatically downloaded apps and their associated logins were carried over. I see now that a couple other apps are not signed in and I could swear they were before. The channel I added afterwards Sling TV is still signed in as well as my AT&T TV and Prime Video apps but not these select few. 

I don’t want to dismiss this as somebody else’s problem so respectfully mister Booger sir. I do not accept this new response either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I resolved this myself. I never contacted Disney.

As Software Development Manager with over 2 decades of experience (not to mention advanced certifications and a degree to back it up) I didn’t need to contact them to know it was not their problem. It’s also obvious how frustrated Roku users all across the web are giving up on Roku or even worse the application developers after being turned away by Roku support staff or Internet forum users pushing them in that direction erroneously.

I’m not trying to degrade anyone’s intelligence here or elsewhere, please do not take offense.

I noticed in the Roku app that both devices were named “Roku Streaming Stick+” and thought maybe I should rename one or both of them just in case the Roku software mistakenly signed one of them out thinking it was the same device.

So when I went to rename the new Roku device I got an error “You are signed in as ********@live.com, which is not the account for Roku Streaming Stick+. Please sign in to complete this operation.”

I signed in again using the same email it just told me was not the correct account, made sure my Roku device names were different in the Roku app and in the devices themselves, then signed into Disney+ and restarted my new Roku which would have reproduced the problem 5 minutes earlier.

This time when I loaded Disney+ it signed in automatically problem solved.

Device Rename ErrorDevice Rename Error

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

@DarthDaggerI dont know why you found it necessary to post your haughty credentials at all.

It isnt relevant. Why would you suggest it isnt Disney's Support problem???

They are a Premium Channel and it certainly is. If your suggestion is this "bug" is Roku's fault I

disagree. Its Disney's. Other Channels do not do this. You found a work around which I hope sticks.

But still Disney should know. Dont let things go to your head so.

I'd be embarrassed to post my credentials.

Many problems get solved and resolved here by different people if you found a work around that

works, fine. Relax.

If this is to be fixed it would need to happen on Disneys end.

Their code their servers. Its a newer Channel and they should know whats happening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Did I offend you? I posted a solution that resolved the exact issue described, I sincerely hope it helps others who have the same problem. 

As an active member of this forum I would hope that you will have others try the same solution if it might help them, I believe you are here to help others truly. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Not really. I think its good you found a work around that seems to fix it.

And shared it.

Just too much blather and I think you were off target with a few things.

It is more of an issue with Disney.

0 Kudos